Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Empty
PostSubject: Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album   Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:51 pm

I just got his solo album entitled TunnelVision Brilliance the other day in a used CD bin. Being that he is known for playing stoner/desert rock, I was surprised how different it was (in a good way).

An interesting footnote about the album is that it took 18 years to complete. (1987-1996)
Axl Rose would be proud. Laughing

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album   Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

I have this. I picked it up dirt cheap from FYE about a year or so ago. Played it through once or twice, then shelved it. It wasn't what I expected, so I felt kinda bummed. I held onto it though because I wanted to give it another shot. It's certainly an album you have to be in the right mood for. I guess I should break it out again and give it a fresh spin.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album   Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Maybe you should give it a spin when you know you're in a laid back mood. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a Pink Floyd fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album   Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Maybe you should give it a spin when you know you're in a laid back mood. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a Pink Floyd fan.

Yea, there's definitely something there that compelled me to hang onto it. Normally I would have ditched it by now, but it's still there on the shelf, waiting for me to give it another go.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album   Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 pm

After listening to the album a few times, I think it reminds me of Queens of the Stone Age meets Jerry Cantrell and Pink Floyd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album   Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Reeder (ex-Kyuss bassist) solo album
Page 1 of 1