Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"

Go down 
+9
nevermore
80s Metal Lady
thejokeriv
assault_attack
Dark Horseman
brokentulsa
Gilbert
Witchfinder
James B.
13 posters

Hammer Of The Gods
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap31%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Back In 79
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap13%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Surviving Against The Odds
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap6%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Mists Of Avalon
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap19%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Call To Arms
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap6%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Chasing The Bullet
 6% [ 1 ]
Afterburner
 6% [ 1 ]
When Doomsday Comes
 6% [ 1 ]
No Rest For The Wicked
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap0%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ballad Of The Working Man
Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_lcap0%Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Call To Arms (Orchestral Version)
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Empty
PostSubject: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:29 pm

"Afterburner" is the best song Priest never wrote Laughing very hard

"When Doomsday Comes" could've been on a Deep Purple album (IMHDO)

I really like "Ballad Of The Working Man" a lot cool

My vote goes to the opener, "Hammer Of The Gods"

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:32 pm

"Hammer of the Gods" for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9876

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Surviving against the odds. Love this song.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

I love the song Back In 79..it just embodies everything that Saxon was back then...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Love this album and Chasing the Bullet is a prototypical Saxon Song.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:30 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I love the song Back In 79..it just embodies everything that Saxon was back then...

headbanger
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Call To Arms is a heavy song lyrically..
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:33 pm

One of their better albums... Mists of Avalon is the best track - was very happy when they played it live!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:36 am

Gotta go with the orchestral version of "Call to Arms." It's just gorgeous just like the orchestral version of "Crusader." Second would be "Hammer Of The Gods." That song kicks!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:46 am

I voted for Call To Arms. I like both the versions of the song but went with the studio version. Hammer Of The Gods is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 1:24 pm

I voted for Mists Of Avalon.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Hammer Of The Gods
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 11:24 pm

I saw more than a few people comment on how this album was a low point for Saxon, but I enjoyed this album for the most part. Regarding the best song, it was a slam dunk. The opener "Hammer of the Gods". It just had that infectious riff.. Open these polls back up James!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9876

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 1:21 am

Need to give Saxon albums a fresh spin. It has been so long.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 8:44 am

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 10:44 am

If this was a low point it shows how quality their stuff has been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms"   Best off of Saxon's "Call To Arms" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1