Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alien 5 film official

Go down 
+5
shamgar75
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
corplhicks
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:42 pm

I liked Prometheus too but there were stupid plot holes you could drive a truck through.  For example, how does a supposed "scientific team" not have better quarantine protocols than these idiots had?

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I liked Prometheus too but there were stupid plot holes you could drive a truck through.  For example, how does a supposed "scientific team" not have better quarantine protocols than these idiots had?

How could 2 morons get lost inside the alien ship when they had already mapped it with those little floating balls?

How come Charlize Theron can only run in a straight line when a huge ship is ready to crush her?

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 pm

That last one there made me angry enough to almost leave the theater.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:18 pm

As was said before, "Prometheus" was a good-looking bad movie but I guess I could overlook a lot of the stupidity because I liked the basic premise.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm

My favorite bit in "Prometheus" was when they found the humanoid head in the cave, and were like "Wow, this could change everything we know about humanity's origins! ...Let's take it back to our ship and blow it up like a potato in a microwave!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My favorite bit in "Prometheus" was when they found the humanoid head in the cave, and were like "Wow, this could change everything we know about humanity's origins! ...Let's take it back to our ship and blow it up like a potato in a microwave!"

Yeah, that's one of the "protocols" I was referring to.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:36 pm

mlotek wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Prometheus was my last attempt to get into this storyline.

sick

I liked Prometheus enough to watch it repeatedly as soon as I could.
Looking forward to the sequel. I was wondering if there was a tie-in to "Alien" once they showed the monster creature as it looked similar.

Guess I just like what everybody else considers "bad movies" then, like Aeon Flux, Ghosts of Mars, Pitch Black, Interstellar (2014), etc

Prometheus is definitely canonical as it references way more than just the first-cycle Warrior to clarify this, such as the derelict ship and the engineers, and most importantly the involvement of Weyland-Yutani. However Scott has gone on record stating that that the ship is not the same that was found on Acheron in Alien, and the Engineers are different between both films. Also a lot of people, including fans, confused the planet in Prometheus with Acheron, when actually it was a moon named LV-223, not LV-426 as Acheron was classified (this is somewhat obvious by the difference in terrain, habitat, and shots from orbit).

To put it bluntly, Prometheus functioned as more fanboy fodder for the nostalgic. Laughing
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Looks like Sigourney has been confirmed for Alien 5: http://www.slashfilm.com/blomkamps-alien/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 am

Well holy shit. Not only is Sigourney returning, as I said, but it is also official that 3 and 4 WILL be nixed, as this will slide in right after Aliens: http://www.nerdist.com/2015/02/neill-blomkamps-new-alien-movie-officially-has-sigourney-weaver-on-board-will-ignore-last-2-movies/

Gonna be honest here at the risk of sounding naive. This was always a dream of mine since Resurrection hit video. I drafted a spec script and character sketches, only to walk away from it. My idea was to have an invasion story set on Earth that tied in the Dark Horse comics, the William Gibson script for 3, and my own endeavors for a realistic, gritty, understated sort of approach. Character-driven, of course, and unconventional. Pretty ambitious, but didn't get very far. Anyway I'm glad this sequence is being upheld. Like I said, Aliens was the perfect end-all, but if there's gonna be a sequel, this may as well be the approach.

But if they don't bring back Michael Biehn, well, F*ck this shit.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Yeah so that news in my last post is apparently not true lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alien 5 film official   Alien 5 film official - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alien 5 film official
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2