Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: Saint - Broad is the Gate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Review: Saint - Broad is the Gate Empty
PostSubject: Review: Saint - Broad is the Gate   Review: Saint - Broad is the Gate Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:57 am

Review: Saint - Broad is the Gate Ms_6z111

Track listing:
“Broad Is The Gate” (4:12)
“Hero” (3:20)
“We All Stand” (3:44)
“Demon Pill” (2:35)
“We Will Fight” (3:55)
“Who Are You” (4:08)
“Reach The Sky” (2:25)
“Never Same” (5:18)
Metal Cross” (1:45)

There's a few things that you need to know about Saint.
1. they aren't out to reinvent the wheel (never have been).
2. they are unashamedly fanboys of this thing we call heavy metal.
3. with the exception of one misguided EP; they are here to rock your socks off.

Their latest album broad is the gate is no exception. The obvious hurdle at first will be for long time fans to get used to the absence of Josh Kramer's vocals....Thankfully Brian Miller does a great job filling the void. Let me be clear however; his vocals are nothing like Kramer's. Whereas Josh had an obvious Rob Halford esque style; Brian has more of a voice that sounds to my ears somewhere between the Scorpions and Blind Guardian. I'll be honest I almost wanted not to like this album just because I'm a huge fan of Kramer's vocals but there's no denying; (vocals and all) this is a solid album.

Now as far as the music; there's no need to go into great detail......its Saint and falls in line with their latest releases. There is one curve ball; "Never Same" sounds like it would fit on a Harmony album to me. Not a bad song....just unusual for Saint.
Stand out track: "Reach the Sky". Kept hitting repeat on this one. It's a short one clocking in at 2:24, but it is very catchy and you'll find yourself singing along in no time.  "We All Stand" is another track that shines. This is not to say that the others are weak.  The whole album is a solid slab of Metal.
As far as the new vocals; if you can't get past Josh being gone,  then pretend you're listening to another band and enjoy!

May the mighty rock machine that is Saint never stop! \'arry \'eadbanger  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Review: Saint - Broad is the Gate
Page 1 of 1