Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"

Go down 
+7
brokentulsa
MoonChild
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
Glower
James B.
11 posters

Solid Ball Of Rock
The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_lcap30%The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Altar Of The Gods
The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_lcap0%The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Requiem (We Will Remember)
The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_lcap0%The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lights In The Sky
 0% [ 0 ]
I Just Can't Get Enough
The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_lcap10%The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Baptism Of Fire
The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_lcap20%The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Ain't Gonna Take It
 0% [ 0 ]
I'm On Fire
The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_lcap20%The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Overture in B Minor/Refugee
 0% [ 0 ]
Bavarian Rhapsody
 0% [ 0 ]
Crash Drive
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Empty
PostSubject: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:45 am

Laughing very hard The last poll went over like farting in church.

This is where (IMHO) Saxon turned over an old leaf and found their balls again. The songwriting kicks up a notch and the new bass player had a lot to do with that.

My pick as best tune goes to "Crash Drive", barely beating out "Baptism Of Fire"

But there are some other very great tunes on the album !

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:18 am

I read someone say - that they - thought this was Saxon's worst release -
I couldn't believe it - of course, metal heads are so f'n oppinionated - lol !
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:42 am

Title track. Easily. The whole album is pretty solid, though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:17 am

"Solid Ball Of Rock" for me. This is definitely where the band turned it around and began reviving their career.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:26 am

Baptism of Fire but like has been said, a very good album.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Really good album, my vote goes to Crash Drive.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:50 pm

I went with "I Just Can't Get Enough" because it really remind's me of older Saxon..the song could have easily been on Strong Arm or Denim and Leather...That said the whole album is really good...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Love this album. I got it in a small shop in a greek island last summer so it holds so many nice souvenirs.

I went for the title track.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:58 pm

This is a tough choice for me because I love the two songs with "Fire" in the name. I'm going to listen to them back-to-back a few times before making my decision.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:53 pm

OK, my choice is definitely "I'm On Fire." It rocks and is a fun song. Plus, they become Boston at the end of it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:57 pm

That's funny but I get what you mean.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am

James, you should have let the voting open forever. You left it open for "Dogs of War", which I'm listening to right now. I really wasn't familiar with any 90's output of Saxon, so I started listening a few days ago. I like the title track the best, with "Baptism of Fire" a close second, followed by "I'm On Fire".
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 5:59 pm

The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" 83628
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Solid Ball of Rock
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock"   The best off of Saxon's "Solid Ball Of Rock" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1