Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.

Go down 
+8
nevermore
manny
Stender
kmorg
DeathCult
Shiney
Fat Freddy
krokus
12 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Empty
PostSubject: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Any fans of this album??? Any opinion??? Together with the first WOW album, this must be my fave album with WENDY O WILLIAMS on it. Also the mini lp METAL PRIESTESS was special. Anyway, i love everything she did, only that rap album (that i still have on vinyl) sucked big time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:33 pm

Best Plasmatics album EVER!! 🤘 I will never forget seeing the video for "The Damned" on MTV for the first time when I was about 12. I was terrified, but fascinated at the same time. Wendy O was a true original. R.I.P. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm

One of my favorite albums of all time...

An I found WENDY O to be extremey hot in that..."She could hurt me badly and make me cry" sort of way......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:42 am

I am happy to read this and that their are die hard fans of COUP D´ETAT. Hail to you two.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Dusting off this oldie thread cuz I just found the classic video for "The Damned" on YouTube and just had to share!! If you've never seen this vid, check it out and then tell me that this is not THE most BAD ASS music video ever committed to film. 🤘

I've been on a big Plasmatics kick this week, been listening to a lot of COUP D'ETAT, BEYOND THE VALLEY OF 1984 and the METAL PRIESTESS EP... and just like when I first saw this video umpteen years ago, Wendy O. Williams still terrifies, but fascinates me at the same time. There will never be another one like her. All the current heavy metal chicks will forever remain in Wendy O's shadow.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Coup D'etat is my favorite Plasmatics album. Great stuff! I loved Wendy O
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:09 am

Never heard that song before, and it really blew my mind! My knowledge of Wendy is limited to the awesome Gene Simmons penned "It's My Life", and a tape of a Plasmatics album named "Maggots" (I think). Guess I'll have to try and find some more of this metal queen!

I also found a cool cover version of "The Damned", done by Destruction!

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Wendy O. and the plasmatics were one of a kind, I love them deeply!!! Maggots was my fav album of theirs though...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:38 am

Wendy O Williams ruled, and the Plastimatics " Coup D'Etat" is one of the best post punk albums and maybe one of the first album to combine metal and hard core. I will have to update my CD collection to add them on my list.

PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Wendyowilliams2

Used to love this woman, my first bad girl crush.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:13 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Coup D'etat is my favorite Plasmatics album. Great stuff! I loved Wendy O

I agree
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Awesome vid and song! She was probably my first bad girl crush too. She was skanky and sexy at the same time......not sure why but she just was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:30 pm

My dad grabbed her boob.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
My dad grabbed her boob.

Your dad's my hero Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
My dad grabbed her boob.

I almost pissed myself laughing when you told me about that! Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:02 am

This was a cool band, I have all their old stuff on vinyl. I guess I need to upgrade to CD one of these days. She had a really tough style and voice that is lacking from 99% of female rockers. I wish she were still around. My guess is if she were still rockin' she would have had to modify her stage attire a bit after 25 years, maybe some duct tape rather than electrical tape.

She was cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
My dad grabbed her boob.

I think I asked you this the last time you mentioned that story, but did Wendy let him keep his hand? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
My dad grabbed her boob.

I think I asked you this the last time you mentioned that story, but did Wendy let him keep his hand? Shocked

I was thinking more in the lines of; WHO DIDN'T?? lol!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Zé Metal & Company

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:52 pm

PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. 200px-Stand_By_Your_Man
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Wendy_O_Williams
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. 4937723-sm
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Wendy_williams
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. 63828
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Plasmatics%20jpg1
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. 1
PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Wendyo

PLASMATICS FOREVER!!!!!!!
WENDY MY LOVE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOREVER WOW!!!!!!
1949-1998
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Wendy ruled. Way more edgier than any of the so-called controversial females at the time.
No one comes close in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.   PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLASMATICS:COUP D´ETAT.
Page 1 of 1