Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Star Riders

Go down 
+6
corplhicks
bass63
ultmetal
manny
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 am

Black Star Riders Blackstarriderskillercdcover

BLACK STAR RIDERS will release their second studio album, "The Killer Instinct", in February 2015 via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2013's "All Hell Breaks Loose" was recorded in October at a studio in Nashville, Tennessee with producer Nick Raskulinecz (RUSH, FOO FIGHTERS, ALICE IN CHAINS, MASTODON).

"The Killer Instinct" will be released in different formats: CD, limited 2-CD digibook, limited gatefold black vinyl and limited gatefold clear vinyl (available for mail orders only).

"The Killer Instinct" track listing:

Limited 2CD Digibook

01. The Killer Instinct
02. Bullet Blues
03. Finest Hour
04. Soldierstown
05. Charlie I Gotta Go
06. Blindsided
07. Through The Motions
08. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
09. Turn In Your Arms
10. You Little Liar

Bonus CD:

01. Gabrielle
02. The Reckoning Day
03. The Killer Instinct (Acoustic)
04. Blindsided (Acoustic)
05. Charlie I Gotta Go (Acoustic)
06. Finest Hour (Acoustic)

CD

01. The Killer Instinct
02. Bullet Blues
03. Finest Hour
04. Soldierstown
05. Charlie I Gotta Go
06. Blindsided
07. Through The Motions
08. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
09. Turn In Your Arms
10. You Little Liar

Limited Gatefold Black Vinyl

Side A

01. The Killer Instinct
02. Bullet Blues
03. Finest Hour
04. Soldierstown
05. Charlie I Gotta Go

Side B

01. Blindsided
02. Through The Motions
03. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
04. Turn In Your Arms
05. You Little Liar

Limited Gatefold Clear Vinyl (Mail Order Only)

Side A

01. The Killer Instinct
02. Bullet Blues
03. Finest Hour
04. Soldierstown
05. Charlie I Gotta Go

Side B

01. Blindsided
02. Through The Motions
03. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
04. Turn In Your Arms
05. You Little Liar

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 am

I found their debut album to be very enjoyable, so I look forward to hearing this new one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Yeah, I really liked the first one as well so this will be on my want list for sure..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I found their debut album to be very enjoyable, so I look forward to hearing this new one.

Weird, how you dig these guys but your reaction to Thin Lizzy was bit underwhelming, did Thin Lizzy finally grow on you?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:52 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Weird, how you dig these guys but your reaction to Thin Lizzy was bit underwhelming, did Thin Lizzy finally grow on you?

No, not really. I still only have 2 Lizzy albums, Dedication and Live & Dangerous, with no intention of digging any deeper.

Some folks criticized it for not sounding Lizzy-like enough, while some felt it fell way short of doing justice to the Thin Lizzy legacy. I suppose because I didn't have any pre-conceived notions about what the BSR album did or didn't sound like, I could just take it at face value and enjoy it as a decent rock record.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:56 pm

I liked Black Star Riders. It did have some Thin Lizzy qualities, but honestly it's not Thin Lizzy and not suppose to be. That's why they changed the name. Only Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy is in the band anyhow. Look forward to this one.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:48 pm

First single released...

Sounds like more of the same as the first album, which I have no problem with. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
First single released...

Sounds like more of the same as the first album, which I have no problem with. \'arry \'eadbanger

Ditto

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:37 pm

TBH I never gave this band a chance, thinking of them as a homage group. But I really do like that clip. Seems I had the wrong expectations. Going to invest in more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Because these guys started out as a Lizzy Tribute band, too much emphasis was put on the new group to sound like Thin Lizzy. Or not sound like Thin Lizzy, depending on which side of the fence you're on.

If you just look at it as Scott Gorham's new group that has a Lizzy-vibe to 'em, there's is plenty to like here. It's not mind-blowing or anything, just a good rock album. I'm hoping this new one follows in those steps and judging from that first single, I think it will.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:47 pm

It's pretty good album guys! I really dig it.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:55 am

It's at the top of my priority list at the moment. I foolishly tried to find it at Best Buy (NOPE!) and FYE (DOUBLE NOPE!!) so I'll just order it on-line. Soon I hope.

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Killer album that won't come out of my stereo! headbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm

I got this as a B Day gift yesterday but haven't unwrapped it yet. Looks like now is the time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:08 pm

This one seems more subdued then the first one, have to listen some more. More songs like Soldierstown would help, that's a great one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:14 pm

This is on my forever growing wants list.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:41 am

Spun this disc twice so far this morning and it's really good. The bonus disc of almost all acoustic versions is good as well. I am really digging the Thin Lizzy vibe and the vocals are stellar.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 4:17 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Spun this disc twice so far this morning and it's really good. The bonus disc of almost all acoustic versions is good as well. I am really digging the Thin Lizzy vibe and the vocals are stellar.

I've been enjoying this one all week. I think it's just as good as the debut. They found a winning formula and stuck with it for album 2. Nothing wrong with that.

If you didn't care for their first one, not much on this new album is going to change that opinion. However fans of the debut should have plenty to enjoy here. I'd also recommend getting the deluxe version with bonus disc if possible. The extra songs are icing on the cake.

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Still can't get past the "this is nowhere near as good as Thin Lizzy with Phil" problem. I wish them luck, but I'll be home listening to my Thin Lizzy albums.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
Still can't get past the "this is nowhere near as good as Thin Lizzy with Phil" problem.  I wish them luck, but I'll be home listening to my Thin Lizzy albums.  

Yea, this new one won't remedy that situation. Laughing

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I've been enjoying this one all week. I think it's just as good as the debut. They found a winning formula and stuck with it for album 2. Nothing wrong with that.

If you didn't care for their first one, not much on this new album is going to change that opinion. However fans of the debut should have plenty to enjoy here. I'd also recommend getting the deluxe version with bonus disc if possible. The extra songs are icing on the cake.

I agree, I really like this album.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 pm

Bump.

New album, Heavy Fire, coming in early 2017. More details to follow.

\'arry \'eadbanger

Black Star Riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Star Riders   Black Star Riders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Star Riders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: