Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime

Go down 
+4
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Empty
PostSubject: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 2:24 pm

http://www.deathmetal.org/news/metalhead-massacred-by-methed-out-christian-zealot/

Jacob Crockett, a 19 year old metal musician who played in the bands Toxic Injection and a brutal death metal band called Hideous Recreation, was murdered in what has been called a hate crime.

Very sad. R.I.P.; my condolences to his bandmates, friends, and family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 2:48 pm

As opposed to murders committed out of love.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 pm

(SIGH) When, oh WHEN will people learn that methamphetamine and Christian themed YouTube videos do NOT mix??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(SIGH) When, oh WHEN will people learn that methamphetamine and Christian themed YouTube videos do NOT mix??

Methamphetamine is like badgers, it doesn't really mix well with anything!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 3:48 pm

What a whacko. So Sad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Methamphetamine is like badgers, it doesn't really mix well with anything!

R.I.P.

Badgers? We don't need no steenkin' badgers!!
Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Honey_badger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:48 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
As opposed to murders committed out of love.

Exactly. So killing someone because you want their money, they made love to your spouse, they stepped on your designer shoes, etc. is not as bad as killing someone because you don't like the color of their skin, sexual orientation, religion, etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:15 am

How sad. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am

Stories like this just make me shake my head. I mean, aside from how bat@#$@ crazy the murderer apparently is, anyway.

I just wonder what all of this speculation about motive is when someone's dead. Why should it matter if someone was killed because of their faith, skin color, sexuality or whatever? Someone actively went out and killed them. No rationalization changes that fact, softens the impact for the family of the person killed, or any of that. Knowing that the motive was dirt stupid isn't really helpful or any kind of real insight.

There just doesn't seem to be a benefit to creating "special" categories of murder. You just don't do it. Without getting too far into the politics of it, it's also not lost on me that this is a "hate crime" because the assailant was into "Christian" material, but if a Muslim does the same thing, there are endless mental gymnastics performed to avoid making the same basic determination. Just simplify the whole mess and go, "Did the dude kill someone? Yep? Well, jail for life. Next."
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:58 pm

I believe in swift capital punishment as soon as it has been determined that the accused party is indeed guilty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime   Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal musician murdered in what has been labeled a hate crime
Page 1 of 1