Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Bucket

Go down 
+3
exact33
bass63
Glower
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 6:16 am

I would like to buy a 2nd Rhino Bucket CD -
Does anyone have a good idea about the band ?
What are their top 3 cd's - etc -
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 pm

I'd pick any of their albums. All are top notch.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:52 pm

The first 2 are my favorites.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
The first 2 are my favorites.

Ditto. But good luck finding either the S/T or Get Used To It at a decent price. The good news is that I see both are now available as Amazon downloads for less than $10 each.

My favorite RB song is from "Get Used To It":

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 pm

I like the first two. Pain isn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 5:39 am

Anyone else looking forward to the new Rhino Bucket album, The Last Real Rock 'N' Roll on 21 April?

While Get Used to It is my favorite, I love all of their albums. These days I listen to Hardest Town and Who's Got Mine even more than the s/t.

I still need to hear No Song Left Behind, which came out last year. While it's a collection of unreleased material, Ult's review has me thinking that it will sound pretty much like any of the last few RB albums.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:52 am

It does.  They all sound pretty much the same. 

And I'll pick up the new one when it's available too.  Even tho Georg Dolivo's voice seems to get raspier with each album; now he's just similar to Bon Scott whereas on the early albums he sounded like Bon Scott reincarnated.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 am

On my list it goes!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 am

Now that I'm over my fear of AC/DC clones, I'll be needin' to add some Rhine Bucket to my collection one of these days.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Sounds like Rhino Bucket have called it quits...

Quote :
Very sad news as Rhino Bucket frontman Georg Dolivo has apparently decided to leave the band.

The following comments were made by Dolivo in that regard in a Facebook thread yesterday:

“No more Georg in Rhino Bucket. Our music, and music in general, has been so devalued that it is no longer sustainable for band like us. Others with survive, some will thrive, but for me it’s time to move on. Cheers, Georg“

When someone suggested that his Facebook account had been hacked, Dolivo responded: “Nope… I’m out”

It appears that Rhino Bucket will not be continuing without Dolivo as the band’s guitarist Brian Forsythe responded “no” on Facebook when asked whether there could be a Rhino Bucket without the long-time frontman.

Bummer.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Wow.  That "sort of" sucks.  Although to be honest, the last several Rhino Bucket albums have been rather mediocre with a few really good tracks but most songs were just sort of "there".  And Georg's voice has gotten progressively worse over the years.  He used to sound like a dead ringer for Bon Scott but on the last few I thought he sounded more like Udo.

And maybe now Forsythe can go back to Kix; they're last album was great.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Quote :
And maybe now Forsythe can go back to Kix;

Did he leave recently? Last year at M3 he closed out the first night with Kix and opened the second day with Rhino Bucket.

I do like the last few Rhino Bucket albums but there's no doubt they are not of the same quality as the first few. I do wonder what a guy like Georg goes on to do from here. I mean, he's had this band as his full-time endeavor for so long, and I can't imagine there is that much money coming in off of the rights to RB songs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhino Bucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Bucket   Rhino Bucket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhino Bucket
Page 1 of 1