Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Memento Mori

Go down 
+8
Icy Grave
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
James B.
kropotkin
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Headbanger Man
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:04 am

Has anyone here ever heard of this band ? they where the band Messiah Marcolin created after leaving Candlemass in the early 90´s. I heard some of the stuff and its pretty similar to Candlemass, altought it sounds even heavier ...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:07 am

I really like them. I have all 4 of their albums, and Messiah is on 3 of those. Killer, melodic doomy stuff...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:03 pm

"Rhymes of Lunacy" is excellent!
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 am

Ha, for me it's much more important that Mike Wead is in the band, than Messiah. Well, great band. 2 great lps, "La Danse..." is my favorite, then "Rhymes...". Of course, some great tracks to be found in the other releases.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 11:42 am

I only have "rhymes", some chick named Leanne gave it to me.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm

All of their albums are awesome, but Songs for the Apocalypse is just fantastic on every level.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Always heard of them but the albums are a little too pricey for me to even think about picking up and I've wanted them for years, just for the fact Snowy Shaw is on them or at least some of them.

Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:27 pm

*slits wrists in shame for thinking the title was Flyleaf's sophomore album*

...I'm sorry. Sad

Never heard of this band, but with a quick search of Metal Archives, I found them on there. I might give them a listen because I'm always interested in new bands.
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Great Band I have all 4 CD's I just uploaded them to my ipod  Memento Mori 604261
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Love 'em. If you employ vocalists like Messiah and Kristian Andren (from the classic melodic/prog Tad Morose era, on La Danse), how can you lose?
It's pretty F-ing Swedish (translation- good).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:40 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Always heard of them but the albums are a little too pricey for me to even think about picking up and I've wanted them for years, just for the fact Snowy Shaw is on them or at least some of them.

I have three of the four. Got all three through SwapaCD. =)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 am

Sure have. I have all their releases. Great band!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I have three of the four. Got all three through SwapaCD. =)

angry 

I gave up with that site. Between not having anything to swap any more and not finding anything I wanted I couldn't bother looking all the time. Every once in a while I get a email saying if you had this amount of credit you could get this, but it always just ends up being a Ministry album that I didn't care if I had or didn't. Next time you see them come up just get them for me  Laughing 

Memento Mori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori   Memento Mori Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memento Mori
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: