Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Juana´s Addicción

Go down 
+5
DeathCult
Boris2008
tohostudios
ze_mau
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Jane´s Addiction is a fantastic band and I´d post something about them in another session, but they are still in the "hard rock" field I think.

I didn´t hear that much by them , but I like what I hear and really admire Perry Farrell the only thing I dislike about Jane´s Addiction is the fact that they are like a twin band with Red Hot Chili Peppers , not musically, but in terms of having some members in common

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 pm

I like Jane's but only in limited doses; Farrell's voice grates on my nerves after a while.  I think my favorite song by them is "Been Caught Stealing" but I also really like their last album "Strays" which didn't get much publicity other than a feature in a tire commercial.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:49 pm

They actually have very few albums. I actually don´t even know if they have released anything after "strays"
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I like Nothing's Shocking (Just re-bought the vinyl)

Been Caught Stealing makes me want to hurt people!! I hate that song so very much! I kinda lost interest about that time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:25 pm

I always found them to be a bit annoying,to be quite honest.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Nothing's Shocking was a great album. Never really checked them out after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:43 pm

I had "Ritual de lo Habitual" on tape back in the day, mainly for "Stop" (great moshpit song) and "Been Caught Stealing." It's been so long since I heard the rest that I couldn't name another track off of it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:36 am

Still , one of my favourite "non metal" bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had "Ritual de lo Habitual" on tape back in the day, mainly for "Stop" (great moshpit song) and "Been Caught Stealing." It's been so long since I heard the rest that I couldn't name another track off of it.

Ritual...is the only album I have and I bought it used years ago just for those 2 songs. I play it every now & then, but I've never felt the need to dig any further with these guys. A little too weird for me I guess.

I like 'The Mountain Song' too, (even though they ripped off the bass line from Judas Priest  Razz ) but never owned it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 am

Hmmmmm, playing some tunes on YouTube, maybe I need to hear a little more Jane's. I know back when I was in art school, they were shunned by us metal heads and adored by the more artsy, REM-loving-types.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hmmmmm, playing some tunes on YouTube, maybe I need to hear a little more Jane's. I know back when I was in art school, they were shunned by us metal heads and adored by the more artsy, REM-loving-types.

Yup, but that's just how music was at the time. Nothings Shocking is a straight down the line hard rock album, nothing particularly artsy about it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yup, but that's just how music was at the time. Nothings Shocking is a straight down the line hard rock album, nothing particularly artsy about it.

Funny how that was. I think Jane's Addiction had more of an intelligent, intellectual vibe about them that made their fans feel superior to us lunkheads listening to Metallica. I guess. I was fine with that perception. Who needed them anyway? Cool 

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 pm

I respect Jane's Addiction and recognize how good they are...but I don't exactly like them. I would never listen to them on purpose.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12764

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 pm

I caught a few shows when they played the clubs in El Lay. Stop by a thrift shop and get some old tennis shoes  and throw them at Perry and piss him off.  Not because you hit him or anything, he'd just say " we are not a f-yuck-in metal band"  Never got the correlation between throwing shoes onstage and metal.    Dude definitely needed to eat a few more sandwiches and quit spoon feeding himself.  I'm surprised that nobody in this band didn't die of a heroin overdose.  Glad they didn't though, even crappy bands don't deserve that.

Juana´s Addicción Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juana´s Addicción   Juana´s Addicción Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Juana´s Addicción
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: