Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74

Go down 
+6
SAHB Healer
manny
corplhicks
Runicen
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Empty
PostSubject: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:25 pm

QUEEN, Virgin Records and Eagle Rock Entertainment are proud to announce that "Queen: Live At The Rainbow '74" will be released on September 8, 2014 (U.K. on Virgin Records) and September 9, 2014 (U.S. through Hollywood Records) in a variety of formats all newly mixed and mastered to the highest contemporary standard.

These range from a standard two CD package, a DVD, an SD Blu-ray, a gate-fold double vinyl (including an audio reproduction of the aforementioned original live album), a quadruple vinyl boxed set, to a super deluxe collector's edition. This comprehensive and fascinating package includes two CDs, a DVD and Blu-ray, a 60-page hardback book containing many rare photographs, and various items of memorabilia such as reproductions of the tickets, show souvenir program and poster, as well as material from the band members' personal archives. Vinyl and super deluxe formats are released as limited editions.

"Queen: Live At The Rainbow '74" track listings:

One CD:

Sheer Heart Attack Tour - Live at the Rainbow, November '74

01. Procession
02. Now I'm Here
03. Ogre Battle
04. Father To Son
05. White Queen (As It Began)
06. Flick Of The Wrist
07. In The Lap Of The Gods
08. Killer Queen
09. The March Of The Black Queen
10. Bring Back That Leroy Brown
11. Son And Daughter
12. Guitar Solo
13. Son And Daughter (Reprise)
14. Keep Yourself Alive
15. Drum Solo
16. Keep Yourself Alive (Reprise)
17. Seven Seas Of Rhye
18. Stone Cold Crazy
19. Liar
20. In The Lap Of The Gods… Revisited
21. Big Spender
22. Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll
23. Jailhouse Rock
24. God Save The Queen

Two CD digipack and four-vinyl LP boxed set:

CD 1

Queen II Tour - Live at the Rainbow, March '74

01. Procession
02. Father To Son
03. Ogre Battle
04. Son And Daughter
05. Guitar Solo
06. Son And Daughter (Reprise)
07. White Queen (As It Began)
08. Great King Rat
09. The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke
10. Keep Yourself Alive
11. Drum Solo
12. Keep Yourself Alive (Reprise)
13. Seven Seas Of Rhye
14. Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll
15. Jailhouse Rock (Medley) / Stupid Cupid (Medley) / Be Bop A Lula (Medley)
16. Liar
17. See What A Fool I've Been

CD 2

01. Procession
02. Now I'm Here
03. Ogre Battle
04. Father To Son
06. Flick Of The Wrist
08. Killer Queen
11. Son And Daughter
12. Guitar Solo
14. Keep Yourself Alive
15. Drum Solo
17. Seven Seas Of Rhye
18. Stone Cold Crazy
19. Liar
21. Big Spender
23. Jailhouse Rock
24. God Save The Queen

Standard DVD and SD Blu-Ray:

01. Procession
02. Now I'm Here
03. Ogre Battle
04. Father To Son
06. Flick Of The Wrist
08. Killer Queen
11. Son And Daughter
12. Guitar Solo
14. Keep Yourself Alive
15. Drum Solo
17. Seven Seas Of Rhye
18. Stone Cold Crazy
19. Liar
21. Big Spender
23. Jailhouse Rock
24. God Save The Queen

Bonus tracks

01. Son And Daughter
02. Guitar Solo
03. Son And Daughter (Reprise)
04. Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll

Double Vinyl LP Package:

01. Procession
02. Father To Son
03. Ogre Battle
04. Son And Daughter
05. Guitar Solo
06. Son And Daughter (Reprise)
07. Keep Yourself Alive
08. Drum Solo
09. Keep Yourself Alive (Reprise)
10. Seven Seas Of Rhye
11. Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll
12. Liar

01. Procession
02. Now I'm Here
03. White Queen (As It Began)
04. Flick Of The Wrist
05. In The Lap Of The Gods
06. Killer Queen
07. The March Of The Black Queen
08. Bring Back That Leroy Brown
09. Stone Cold Crazy
10. In The Lap Of The Gods… Revisited

Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Queenrainbow74

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:34 pm

I am totally STOKED for this! About time we got some early live Queen officially released.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:57 pm

WOAH. This looks amazing. I'm a fan of Queen's material up to SHA; everything after that is just spotty to me. So this is the perfect set list for me. On my want list.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Interesting set list but I won't be getting it. I imagine that box set is pretty pricey.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm

I will be grabbing this, have several times almost bought the live bootleg DVD's this 1974 and glad to see them officially released
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 am

Count me in if it's at all affordable.Early Queen was the best Queen.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:04 am

I think the super deluxe box on Amazon is $75. More likely than not, that will be coming down as the release date approaches.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 pm

I love this era of Queen...This is on my list for sure
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm

I bought the 2 cd version & the dvd. Love them both very much. Worth owning
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm

bass63 wrote:
I bought the 2 cd version & the dvd. Love them both very much. Worth owning

I just did the same thing; bought the 2 CD set and then the DVD separately.

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Runicen wrote:
I think the super deluxe box on Amazon is $75.  More likely than not, that will be coming down as the release date approaches.

It's been out since September 9th
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm a casual fan at best when it comes to Queen, but I do like that set-list. It's from their most rockin' period. I'd be interested in the cds.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Between the 2 CDs it's most of their first 3 albums which are my favorites

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Between the 2 CDs it's most of their first 3 albums which are my favorites

Same here. Everything after, as much as their praised, are a difficult road for me to travel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I love the first 3 Queen albums...but man, they had a LOT of great material after those records. Night At The Opera, Day At The Races and News Of The World are essential...and both Jazz and The Game have good material even if the entire records aren't solid. Like a lot of bands, basically everything they did in the 70s is worth getting, it's the 80s that caused all the trouble.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:19 pm

picked up the 2 cd edition last night.. great album..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 am

S.D. wrote:
I love the first 3 Queen albums...but man, they had a LOT of great material after those records.  Night At The Opera, Day At The Races and News Of The World are essential...and both Jazz and The Game have good material even if the entire records aren't solid. Like a lot of bands, basically everything they did in the 70s is worth getting, it's the 80s that caused all the trouble.  

I blame the haircut and mustache. Things went downhill when that happened. Razz

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
I love the first 3 Queen albums...but man, they had a LOT of great material after those records.  Night At The Opera, Day At The Races and News Of The World are essential...and both Jazz and The Game have good material even if the entire records aren't solid. Like a lot of bands, basically everything they did in the 70s is worth getting, it's the 80s that caused all the trouble.  

Agreed 100% Queen was & still is heavily played by me.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 12:40 pm

S.D. wrote:

I'm 50/50 on this. I am a huge Queen fan, but while I'll acknowledge that they weren't making great ALBUMS in the 80s, they were still writing really good songs. I suspect the wealth and party lifestyle cut in to the time they would have spent tweaking arrangements and making guitars sound like trombones when they were broke.

But, for that, I think Hot Space, for all the flak it gets, is a great record, if a bit weird as a stylistic shift. The newest remaster makes it sound amazing as well. The Works was another really strong entry with maybe one bad song. Fast forward and you get to Innuendo in the early 90s, which makes it even sadder that Freddie died because the sonic direction on Innuendo was tremendous - harder rocking, but with some cool electronic atmospheres to it as well. If they'd followed that track, it would have been awesome.

So, a lot of missed opportunity, but still some really good material - even in the deep cuts.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:14 am

Runicen wrote:
Fast forward and you get to Innuendo in the early 90s, which makes it even sadder that Freddie died because the sonic direction on Innuendo was tremendous - harder rocking, but with some cool electronic atmospheres to it as well.  If they'd followed that track, it would have been awesome.

I wonder whether Freddie's health actually contributed to them going in that direction. Because they weren't playing live anymore, there was less of a need to come up with the crowd-pleasing stadium rockers, giving them the freedom to branch out a bit. Could things have been different if he'd been healthy?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:05 am

That's a good point. Going off of Made in Heaven (and the stuff they've done since which I don't really want to talk about), you're probably right. Even though the MiH material was mostly already written when they started on the album, none of the sonic treatment of those tracks bore much resemblance to the Innuendo stuff.

I also suspect John Deacon starting to bow out after Freddie died had something to do with it. He and Freddie were the ones pulling in the most "non hard rock" influence, so without both of them, it would theoretically just pull towards hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74   Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen - Live At The Rainbow '74
Page 1 of 1