Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's been 30 years TIPPER!

Go down 
+2
Runicen
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

It's been 30 years TIPPER! Empty
PostSubject: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:03 pm

30 Years Undead and still going strong!  What has Miz Gore [ironic name, btw] done lately?   Looking forward to seeing the guys for about the 30th time this Friday!

It's been 30 years TIPPER! 1555286_10152606707259796_8495942065316540864_n
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Ugh... Don't get me started on Gore - either of them.

Politics aside, the notion that government should "protect" children from tough concepts because parents are just too gosh-darned simple, slow, stupid and uninterested to do so themselves (at least until little Johnny or Suzie start having trouble at school) still boils my blood.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Wonder how P.O'd Tipper got when Al invented the internet ? All those poor kids having easier access to bands that sing bout "satan", "screwin" and "s-n-m".   Free to boot

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 pm

I for one commend Mrs. Gore. Look at what a better world and better people we've become thanks to her efforts. We all live in a perfect utopia since records have been labeled "offensive". Nothing could possiblie go wrong.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:18 pm

I still love a lot of the Frank Zappa interviews around the PMRC era. He was on fire and his brain was on full display. Sadly, there are a few videos where little red-faced @#%#-stains with bad combovers were encouraged to talk down to him that just raise my pulse a couple of notches. Again, the sheer idiocy of the entire idea was pretty plain, so I guess you needed a special brand of moron to make it look sensible.

Talking down to Zappa is like trying to talk down to Lemmy. Just ain't acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:47 am

All these clowns did was give these so-called "evil" and "immoral" even more publicity, WASP's record sales actually doubled as a result of the PMRC's campaign against them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:10 am

I Love watching Dee burn their ass!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:44 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I Love watching Dee burn their ass!

+1

Dee actually stole the show. Zappa's testimony was good, but he delved a little too far into directly attacking the committee members, which was never going to win anyone over. While I get his anger (and share it), it wasn't a winning tactic. Dee managed to not only be direct and intelligent, but also rather objective about the whole enterprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been 30 years TIPPER!   It's been 30 years TIPPER! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been 30 years TIPPER!
Page 1 of 1