Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years

Go down 
+11
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Gilbert
Lari
mlotek
Fat Freddy
deathisgain
martinsane
Boris2008
Icy Grave
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Empty
PostSubject: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Yep, the judge finally laid the hammer down with his sentence. After numerous delays, setbacks, and needless repetition, it's finally over. As of today (as the story got published), Tim gets six years in jail after pleading guilty to a murder-for-hire plot to kill his estranged wife, Meggan.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/tim-lambesis-trial/as-i-lay-dying-frontman-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison

Also, he has an extensive final interview where he talks in-depth about his steroid use, his relationship with his estranged wife, and a bunch of other topics. I've yet to read it all yet and form an opinion, but glancing through it, I don't expect anything too intelligent on his end (even though I wanna think he's gone something called a brain up there):

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/tim-lambesis-trial/tim-lambesis-gives-first-and-possibly-last-interview-about-why-he-attempted-to-hire-a-hitman-his-future

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/tim_lambesis_world_exclusive_interview_as_i_lay_dying_singer_breaks_silence/P5

So I guess that's what I'll do is read it set to my favorite As I Lay Dying songs.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Oh dear! That was bad! Really, really bad!!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:31 pm

"Murphy explained that some people talk about being a Christian, but Meggan lives a Christian life..."

I am certainly not condoning any behavior in this article, but after reading it and some of the interview, that statement from the father stuck in my craw for some reason.

I am quite befuddled by the statement and equally unsure/unclear as to what saying it and or being "Christian" or "living a Christian life" has to do with anything??? And secondly in that statement is he saying she is better than many "Christians" because she just didn't say she was one and "lived the life", whatever that means.

Sorry for the rant just strange thing to say imho.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Christian or not the guy is an absolute man baby who can't take responsibility for anything he has done. In that interview it's his kids fault, his wife's fault, the guys at the gym's fault, his bandmates' fault, the pusher's fault, the hit man's fault, I would imagine that by the time the interview was over it is now the interviewer's fault!!

It's very difficult to have any sympathy.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:05 pm

martinsane wrote:
"Murphy explained that some people talk about being a Christian, but Meggan lives a Christian life..."

I am certainly not condoning any behavior in this article, but after reading it and some of the interview, that statement from the father stuck in my craw for some reason.

I am quite befuddled by the statement and equally unsure/unclear as to what saying it and or being "Christian" or "living a Christian life" has to do with anything??? And secondly in that statement is he saying she is better than many "Christians" because she just didn't say she was one and "lived the life", whatever that means.

Sorry for the rant just strange thing to say imho.

Living the Christian life is a major contradictory statement by itself. Living the Christian life, whatever it is supposed to be, is defined by terms and conditions in the Bible, which describes living a totally perfect life, sinless and without evil in your heart, earning your body, heart, and soul a free pass into the other world known as Heaven. I think people just use that phrase as an excuse. There's no clear distinction on what "living the life" means. It could easily mean just being a good person, being free of any malicious intent and staying out of trouble.

The rules established for living a good Christian life are so bound to contradicting natural human behavior that it makes "living the life" completely impossible. We're born into a world of evil from the very day we are ejected from the protection of our mother's womb. We are thereby condemned to Hell from the day we're able to breathe, so whatever it means to "live the life" is just dumb.

Just my opinion.

Boris2008 wrote:
Christian or not the guy is an absolute man baby who can't take responsibility for anything he has done. In that interview it's his kids fault, his wife's fault, the guys at the gym's  fault, his bandmates' fault, the pusher's fault, the hit man's fault, I would imagine that by the time the interview was over it is now the interviewer's fault!!

It's very difficult to have any sympathy.

I'll probably it's his dog's fault, too. Just sayin' since he likes to indirectly blame everyone else for the egregious act he committed, why not place the blame on his poor doggy for not loving him enough.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:23 pm

After reading the whole thing, his responses surprised me. He seemed to own up to a lot of things he did wrong. Yes, he brought up some things she did wrong, but he seemed to explain that he was not using to justify his actions, as much as to explain what put him in that mental state. I've never been through divorce, but everyone will tell you it is hell, and I've always believed that there are three perspectives to it: his, hers & God's. God's is always the truthful one as ours can be tainted by emotion. Doesn't mean that both are wrong, but it doesn't mean that both are right.

I took a different story from what I read. If there was a weak point in his explanation, it was in saying that he had no idea what the $1k was for. That was plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:49 pm

(Shrugs) Seeya in six years. Dumbass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 12:28 pm

As I Lay Dying Dude was released (early) from jail this past week...just in case anybody cares.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/confirmed-as-i-lay-dying-tim-lambesis-released-from-prison-after-serving-less-than-half-of-sentence/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Good. Too many times women drive guys nutty. His mistake was trusting somebody else to take care of it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 4:05 pm

mlotek wrote:
Good. Too many times women drive guys nutty. His mistake was trusting somebody else to take care of it.

lol!

EDIT: I totally don't condone this, and that's a horrible thing to say. But funny.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 4:21 pm

mlotek wrote:

happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Glad to see he was released early. It was a harsh sentence for what was an encouraged setup IMO. Hopefully this will be his one and only stupid mistake & he can move on & continue making music.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Apparently this guy hasn't gotten any smarter since his release from jail. He's currently in the hospital with burns over 25% of his body, from a mishap involving a gasoline can and a bonfire.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/as-i-lay-dying-frontman-tim-lambesis-suffers-burns-to-25-percent-of-body-in-freak-accident/

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Apparently this guy hasn't gotten any smarter since his release from jail. He's currently in the hospital with burns over 25% of his body, from a mishap involving a gasoline can and a bonfire.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/as-i-lay-dying-frontman-tim-lambesis-suffers-burns-to-25-percent-of-body-in-freak-accident/

lol! Gas and fire? What could POSSIBLY go wrong? Oh...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 11:03 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!  Gas and fire?  What could POSSIBLY go wrong?  Oh...

you would be surprised how many folks dont connect those dots.....

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Timmy doesn’t seem too bright... except that he literally was for a minute. 🔥
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Don’t ever have this guy fry a Turkey on thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 6:35 pm

Troublezone wrote:

As I Lay Frying Smile

metalinmyveins likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 6:38 pm

^^^^^ Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years 647664
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

As I Lay Frying Smile

lol! Clever Fredo!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

As I Lay Frying Smile

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

As I Lay Frying Smile

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

As I Lay Frying Smile

Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years 25679 Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 10:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

As I Lay Frying Smile
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years   Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Lambesis (ex-AILD) sentenced to 6 years
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next