Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Empty
PostSubject: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Back with a 2nd album on April 21st...

Quote :
Down 'n' Outz, coverers of Mott The Hoople and associated acts, will release their second studio album — The Further Adventures Of — on April 21 through Bludgeon Riffola, via Mailboat Records.

Following on from 2010 debut My ReGeneration, The Further Adventures Of... delves deeper into the Mott back-catalogue — reigniting catchy but more overlooked numbers like 'Marionette', 'One Of The Boys' and single 'Rock N' Roll Queen'.

"It's definitely more obscure," Down 'n' Outz founder, Mott lover and Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott tells us. "The game plan was to go where we couldn’t go with the first album. I just wanted these songs to get a fresh coat of paint and be heard."

Discussing the track selection process this time around, Elliott says: "I thought, 'what's my desert island playlist of Mott stuff?' I didn't want to do Roll Away The Stone, All The Young Dudes... the obvious ones. I wanted to go deeper and make it a proper record."

While I'm not all that familiar with the original Mott versions, I enjoyed this first one quite a bit, so I imagine I'll pick up this new one too at some point.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Not sure if this is the official cover or just random artwork associated with the release...

Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Downnoutzfurthercd

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Got the first one for free in Classic Rock Magazine and I liked it. It also helped that I am a fan of Mott the Hoople
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm

manny wrote:
Got the first one for free in Classic Rock Magazine and I liked it.

Same here. I eventually upgraded to the regular version for 3 additional tracks not found on the free promo.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm

These days Joe sounds much better doing this style; I liked the first one and will plan on picking this one up. I think my favorite song they've done is their cover of Elton John's "Love Lies Bleeding," which is on the DVD and available as a bonus track.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm

glassprison wrote:
These days Joe sounds much better doing this style; I liked the first one and will plan on picking this one up.  I think my favorite song they've done is their cover of Elton John's "Love Lies Bleeding," which is on the DVD and available as a bonus track.

Now THAT, I'd be interested in hearing. Other than that, probably not so much.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:30 pm

I also was first exposed to this band through Classic Rock magazine's sampler. I liked it. Listening to the new album now. More of the same good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...   Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - The Further Adventures of...
Page 1 of 1