Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wovenwar

Go down 
+3
Lurideath
BearOnUnicycle
Icy Grave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Those in the metal scene know about As I Lay Dying's official hiatus since Lambesis' imprisonment. It seems to be old news at this point, but the band's certainty has been questioned by everyone, including the band members themselves. However, the active members are going to continue to remain active. They recently announced a new project with lead vocalist Shane Blay of a band called Oh, Sleeper.

It's called Wovenwar.

They've got a Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and an official website up already. I'm personally glad the guys are taking this chance to do more things musically instead of linger on their lead vocalist's crime and letting themselves get caught up in the drama. Thank the heavens they're being productive.

So how about the band? Do you think this is a good thing for Josh, Nick, and the rest of the guys to do while their main band is on hiatus? What about the future of AILD as a whole? In regards to what the future will hold, here's a rather lengthy stint posted on the band's website:

(Can't post links yet, so do click the spoiler below for what was said on their website.)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:50 am

This snippet sounds nice. Best thing about AILD for me was instrumental parts plus cleans by their bassist, so the project might be intersteing.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

Yeah, I was real glad when Josh took over doing cleans from Shadows Are Security onward. I really despised the cleans on Frail Words Collapse. Sounded way too weak for a band so well-liked in the metal scene.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Good they are continuing on their own to keep themselves active but both bands suck!
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:23 am

Well, according to my clock, it's 12:23 AM. They should be releasing their new song "All Rise" today, the day of April 21, 2014. That is...not this early. Very soon, though. :3
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am

And here it is!

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Sounds like I'm getting this for sure.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Reading all the comments.

/minirantcoming

I love how people are already comparing this to As I Lay Dying, condemning the band as "mainstream, radio-friendly drivel," "is nothing like AILD;" and probably my most favorite refrain thus far, "Where's the dirty vocals?" I'm just sitting here thinking to myself..."all of you need to stop sucking As I Lay Dying's f*cking dick." They certainly have a sound that's within the general scope of what AILD sounds like, especially when they do mellow stuff (come on, that's obvious; this has four of AILD's members playing instruments). Wasn't that to be expected? I mean, we've got four guys in As I Lay Dying and Shane Blay of Christian rock/metal band Oh, Sleeper. What did you expect? For it to sound like Mortification? Soul Embraced?

If they could see the project for what it is, a separate entity that has nothing to do with As I Lay Dying with a different sound, then maybe they would realize that they don't need harsh vocals or technically intricate solos or triggered blast beats to impress. That's not what they're trying to accomplish here. I wish people would understand that.

Indeed, BOU. I'm so getting it, too. The band already has summer tour dates announced for Europe. Their new album is also going to drop this summer. I'm definitely getting it. Hope the rest of the album is as good as this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 am

I can honestly say I've never heard any As I Lay Dying songs (that I know of anyway) and only know of the band because of their douche nozzle lead singer and his antics.

That being said, I thought that new Wovenwar song was pretty decent. I'd want to hear more tracks before I commit to anything, but I liked what I heard.

Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:36 pm

http://wovenwar.com/music

Whether this is a preview of a new song or is the revealed title of their summer debut, I'm not sure. But if it is a song title and it us a preview, this is certainly a long preview. If I'm right, most, if not all, the songs on Wovenwar's debut are going to be between 3 to 5 minutes long and they've previewed most of this new song already.

Either way, I don't know how much more I like this song over "All Rise."
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:27 pm

First posted studio update on their YouTube yesterday. Sounds like they're mastering "All Rise." It sounds clearer. So far, things are coming along slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:04 am

This thing will surely be my number one summer workout soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:30 pm

I like it, haven't been a fan of AILD for years, but its nice to see their members still know how to rock out.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:47 pm

New studio update:

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Two more updates:

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:05 am

Saw this on MB's Facebook:

Quote :
WOVENWAR have announced August 5th as the release date for their self-titled debut album in North America! Fans can stream a new song, "The Mason," as well as pre-order the album now at metalblade.com/wovenwar. Pre-order bundles include options to order a t-shirt, girls' tee, or a tank top with a CD. Digital pre-orders are available, along with a limited quantity of vinyl imported from Europe!

http://metalblade.com/wovenwar/
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 pm

There's lots of updates for this band, and the album's release date is very close. I don't know how many have been brought to the forefront or which ones have been the most talked about, but here's another update that's been brought to the table. This one's the most recent.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/wovenwars-profane-is-their-heaviest-track-yet

Quite personally, I find this one really stupid... If the album is on the cusp of coming out in only a couple weeks, why in the hell would you preview a fully finished track THIS close to the release date? People are already super hype about this album only because of the Lambesis controversy indirectly fueling this band's popularity.

Yeah... I might pick it up and do a review of the album at some point if I feel like it.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Agreed; I'll just wait to hear the full album. I expect this will be a decent album but nothing in this style ever completely blows me away.

Has there been any word on a subsequent tour? That would be a more exciting announcement.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 pm

There hasn't been any significant tour announcements lately, but they have U.S. tour dates finally on their website. Personally, I found it a little ridiculous that they would tour Europe first instead of the U.S. Makes no sense to me, but what have I got to say? I'm not their manager. I just listen to their music and I have a big-ass mouth.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Bumping this thread, now that the album is out. I'm about a quarter of the way through, and it sounds great to my ears. Although the volume levels seem to be incredibly high, even for today's standards; but that could just be my mp3 player.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:27 pm

I won't be able to get it until my next check comes in, so when that happens, I'll order it then. I may review it and post my initial reactions when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 10:08 am

I finally had a chance to pick this album up a while back. Great stuff. I always liked As I Lay Dying, so it was an easy transition for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wovenwar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wovenwar   Wovenwar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wovenwar
Page 1 of 1