Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aldo Nova....

Go down 
+15
80s Metal Lady
tohostudios
Witchfinder
James B.
Fat Freddy
jstate
mikeinfla
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
manny
TheGreatDuck
Louder
brokentulsa
mr.electric39
19 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 pm

I dig Aldo Nova.... great song writer imo.... anyone else... or am I on a desert island here... lol...

Oh yeah he wrote stuff for other people too.... BLUE OYSTER CULT

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 pm

You are not alone here .. I dig Aldo nova myself. I remember buying the first album on cassette when it first came out...we listened to it while driving around in my drivers ed class at school..Now I have the first album and the greatest hits album on CD...

My favorite song:  
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:40 pm

I was surprised that the second album didn't take off.... Loved Monkey on Your Back.... good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Love Aldo Nova. Catchy songs, great guitar playing. I always thought he should've been bigger, but was probably too ballad-y for the Hard Rock crowd and too rockin' for the folks that liked the ballads.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Eh, he wasn't really that different from Night Ranger, Bon Jovi, Journey, Survivor or Foreigner.
Anyway, I like him. One of the greats of the AOR genre.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:06 pm

I used to own his first album, and I liked it ok, but AOR was not favorite genre growing up
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Dig Aldo Nova.... I remember those vids getting heavy rotation on MTV. He should do an album of the stuff that he has written for other people, I'd love to hear his version of "Take Me Away".
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 am

Aldo was my second concert ever. Opened for Cheap Trick November 26, 1983. In a MONSTER blizzard [sucky walk home!].

Twitch did not do a ton for me [nor did Nova's Dream] - but the other three all still get play at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 am

Enjoyed the first one and Blood On The Bricks.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:50 am

As Chewie mentioned, it was early MTV that turned me onto him. Recently I found some old buttons I had and one was an Aldo Nova one. Meaning that back then he must've been big enough for Spencer Gifts to carry his button.

He also produced one of my favorite forgotten classics in that Saints & Sinners album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 am

Quote :
Oh yeah he wrote stuff for other people too.... BLUE OYSTER CULT

...and CELINE DION!! tr00

But seriously... I had Aldo's debut on cassette back in the day, haven't heard it in dog years but "Fantasy" turns up on the radio every once in a while and it's still a quality jam.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:18 am

I had Subject on cassette and thought it was awesome. I haven't upgraded any individual releases to cd but I do have a greatest hits cd and I guess that's all I really need.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm

I remember hearing "Fantasy" on the radio about the same time as "Turn Me Loose". If memory serves me correct ?    Both songs had killer riffs and a nice guitar tone.  I saw Aldo Nova at The Rose Bowl with Journey, BOC, and Triumph in like 1982 or so.  Dude is a short, like Iron Maiden short.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm

I always liked the song "Fantasy" and I had Blood On The Bricks on cassette. I should probably get his first album as I see it's dirt cheap on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:52 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Enjoyed the first one and Blood On The Bricks.

That's my take too. The other ones have a good tune here and there but I like those 2 the best.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 pm

James B. wrote:
I remember hearing "Fantasy" on the radio about the same time as "Turn Me Loose". If memory serves me correct ?    Both songs had killer riffs and a nice guitar tone.  I saw Aldo Nova at The Rose Bowl with Journey, BOC, and Triumph in like 1982 or so.  Dude is a short, like Iron Maiden short.

Apparently Aldo is a friend of BOC; he guested on the song "Take Me Away" on the Revolution By Night album.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I like some of his stuff. It's kind of hit and miss for me. "Fantasy" is awesome, of course. The other track I really like off that same album is "Heart To Heart." I really like "Take Me Away." I need to check out that Blue Oyster Cult album.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:29 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
I like some of his stuff. It's kind of hit and miss for me. "Fantasy" is awesome, of course. The other track I really like off that same album is "Heart To Heart." I really like "Take Me Away." I need to check out that Blue Oyster Cult album.

I think that BOC album is underrated. "Take Me Away", "Veins", the anthemic "Let Go", "Dragon Lady" and the way different, but way cool IMO "Shooting Shark".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 pm

[quote="tohostudios"]
James B. wrote:

Apparently Aldo is a friend of BOC; he guested on the song "Take Me Away" on the Revolution By Night album.

I saw Aldo Nova open for BOC on the RBN tour in 1983. I don't remember if he came out on stage for a track or two, maybe he did once or twice on the tour but probably not when I saw them. Would've been cool to see.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:49 pm

I got Blood On The Bricks a while back for about $2. Well worth the money spent!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:50 am

Only familiar with the few radio-hits I've heard. Too light-weight and fluffy for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Seen Aldo live in Boston. Great guy. I also liked his video song " Medicene Man " -
Lyric : " I see your future in the palm of your hand - I am the Medicene Man "
My favorite song by him is " Hold Back The Night " - sleeze feel grind to it -
I just recently watched a video concert of LEE AARON -
doing a cover of Aldo's : " Hold Back The Night " - she OWNED it big time !
 butt dance 
Both from Canada -
Also - a band came out - "" Saint And Sinners "" - with the Sword vocalist - Rick Hughes -
couldn't believe he left Sword to do this 'cash in ' glam rock thing -
Aldo wrote most of the songs - a strange mixture indeed " Slipping into Darkness " was good -
" Taking My Chances On Love " - was good too - as I think of it -
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:24 am

Here's a cover song of Aldo Nova -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aldo Nova.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldo Nova....   Aldo Nova.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aldo Nova....
Page 1 of 1