Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite of these?

Go down 
+18
James B.
Thrasher73
metalinmyveins
BearOnUnicycle
krokus
MoonChild
BillRoxx
thejokeriv
manny
Addy
Dark Horseman
akeldama
Witchfinder
jstate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favorite of these:
Dangerous Toys - The Artist Formerly Known as Dangerous Toys
Favorite of these? Vote_lcap4%Favorite of these? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Def Leppard - Slang
Favorite of these? Vote_lcap26%Favorite of these? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Tourniquet - Crawling to China
Favorite of these? Vote_lcap26%Favorite of these? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Bride - Drop
Favorite of these? Vote_lcap4%Favorite of these? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Whitecross - Flytrap
Favorite of these? Vote_lcap0%Favorite of these? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Any Other "Trying to Keep Up with the Trends" album from the 90's
Favorite of these? Vote_lcap39%Favorite of these? Vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm

I think you know where I am going with this.

edit: When It Came Out, You Thought It Was Good

Last edited by UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:51 pm

I actually like Slang. that is what made me think about this ...... again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Corabi's Crue, man. They did it right.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm

I actually think the Corabi album is better than the next three with Vince back in the band!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:56 pm

The only one of the above that I've ever heard/owned was Bride's "Drop," and whooooo-boy, was that a stink bomb.

In terms of "80s" bands trying to go with the "90s" flow, though, I didn't mind Warrant's "Ultraphobic" and I even kinda sorta liked Dokken's "Shadowlife."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Corabi's Crue, man. They did it right.

Yea, that's where I was going too. I've never heard the Bride, Whitecross or Tourniquet albums and only have a vague recollection of Slang and that awful, awful DT album.

I could also throw Warrant's Dog Eat Dog into the fray. It certainly wasn't full-on grunge, but it definitely went more serious and somber for the 90's than their previous glorious hair metal efforts.

Fat Freddy wrote:
In terms of "80s" bands trying to go with the "90s" flow, though, I didn't mind Warrant's "Ultraphobic"

I was toying with the idea of picking that one up. I remember hating it as a new release, but that was a lifetime ago. My staunch anti-grunge stand has softened more than my middle-section over the years.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Personally, I think Dog Eat Dog was Warrant's ONLY good album! MachineGun is a killer slab of real metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:10 pm

^^ "Inside Out" off of Warrant's "Dog Eat Dog" is a great track. Def their angriest song, at times it comes pretty damn close to speed metal!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Maybe I should edit this to "When It Came Out, You Thought It Was Good". Cuz, I can listen to these albums 20 years later and not hate them like I did back then.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Yeah Dog Eat Dog was a kickin' album. DRFSR and Cherry Pie had great moments with a lot of poppy fluff in between. It was all pretty fun when I was a kid, but now it just sounds bubble gum. Dog Eat Dog was some serious shit though. Still sounds good.

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I actually think the Corabi album is better than the next three with Vince back in the band!!

Better than anything before that too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Ya can't mess with Too Fast For Love, Corp. That is a masterpiece for its' time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Ya can't mess with Too Fast For Love, Corp.  That is a masterpiece for its' time.

^^ What Unc sez.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ya can't mess with Too Fast For Love, Corp.  That is a masterpiece for its' time.

^^ What Unc sez.

I enjoyed Too Fast and Shout, but Corabi's Crue has always been my preference. But the real issue is that the latter should have been under a different name anyway. Pretty much incomparable.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 5:59 pm

I went with the Dangerous Toys. Although I actually like all of the above.

One I would have added to the list and voted for is Loudness's Heavy Metal Hippies. Do I ever love that record.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Corabi Crue for me. I really like that album. Dog Eat Dog is great as well, but I don't consider it a trend (grunge) following album. They definitely weren't trying to be grunge on that album, if anything I think they were attempting something akin to Slave To The Grind.

Underrated cut:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Motley Crab and Waiting For The Punchline. Easily my fave albums from both bands.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Crawl to China. Not their best obviously but still a heavy album. Enveloped in Python and Going Going Gone are monster songs.

That Warrant album is great, too bad Johns Q. public didn't recognize it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 pm

None of the Above
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:26 pm

I actually like 'Slang' more then when it was originally released
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Where's the "none of the above" option? LOL!!!!

I'd actually go with Other and my "other" would be KISS - Carnival Of Souls
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 pm

For me it was for sure Tourniquet!

I know I am in the minority but that IMO is the BEST Tourniquet album next to Ark!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 am

Slang.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:52 am

I dont own not one of your list but i hated albums like NATIVE TONGUE by POISON were they sounded more like THE BLACK CROWES, or CHAMELEON by HELLOWEEN but today in 2014 i like them more. Their is one álbum, by PINK CREAM 69 Change from 1995 that still sounds bad today, very dark and grunge. GAMES PEOPLE PLAY from 93 was still great and then with the new Singer they released that very bad record. Later of course again they started releasing great records, thank god.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:41 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Where's the "none of the above" option? LOL!!!!

I'd actually go with Other and my "other" would be KISS - Carnival Of Souls

In other words None of the forementiioned costers and I couldnt think of anything that would fit the theme of this poll

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:02 am

Eh, Lethal's Poison Seed is the only one I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite of these? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite of these?   Favorite of these? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite of these?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next