Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!

Go down 
+14
Svengo
Metal Misfit
Boris2008
jstate
journeyman
manny
Gilbert
Eyesore
mc666
corplhicks
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
candlemass
BillRoxx
18 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Empty
PostSubject: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Looking forward to this one...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dio-live-in-london-hammersmith-apollo-to-be-released-on-dvd-blu-ray-2cd-and-digital/
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Dio 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Awesome, love the Strange Highways album so this DVD will be a must-buy for me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Rare band + rare footage + awesome setlist + blu-ray = buy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:46 pm

I have a feeling someone is gonna milk Dio's name for a long time. Just like Jimi Hendrix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I have a feeling someone is gonna milk Dio's name for a long time. Just like Jimi Hendrix.

As long as the material is strong I'm happy if they keep releasing more and more and more…just like Jimi Hendrix.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

As long as the material is strong I'm happy if they keep releasing more and more and more…just like Jimi Hendrix.  

Kind of. They brickwalled the Magica and Sacred Heart releases, and digipacked as well, plus the bonus content has been so-so. It's not a scam operation or anything, and I can understand cutting costs on packaging, but do they have to screw with the sound quality? Regardless, I do believe they're doing it in earnest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Hopefully the blu-ray won't have compromised dynamic range.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Wendy likes the $$$

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 am

Eh. Give me new studio material and I'll be excited.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 am

Nice material a must buy!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:36 am

I am huge fan of the 'Strange Highways' album, so looking forward to buying it, but I am still beyond on the other live releases since his passing, so it maybe a while before I grab it
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:30 am

Looking forward to this. I read awhile back that RJD was planning a Magica follow-up, wonder if it will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:48 am

I'm loving that they are putting this stuff on blu-ray. There hasn't been a music blu-ray that I've gotten that hasn't impressed the hell out of me sonically. And my set-up isn't even top rate.

I'd much rather cash-ins be the continued release of live stuff than endless Best of or Anthologies.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 am

journeyman wrote:
Looking forward to this. I read awhile back that RJD was planning a Magica follow-up, wonder if it will ever happen.  

Since he's dead, not likely...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:38 am

candlemass wrote:
journeyman wrote:

On the one hand, he's dead. But on the other he's f**king Dio!! so I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance.  lol! 

I'll probably not bother with this. I have been meaning to get the Donnington discs for ages, mostly because it's the only live album I know of that I was actually at when it was recorded.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:38 pm

Another live Dio album  Laughing very hard 

I wish Wendy would space out the releases a bit more but they are always decent releases. I'll check it out on Spotify, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 pm

candlemass wrote:
journeyman wrote:

Hey being dead sure doesn't stop album releases. How many albums has Tupac "released" after he died?  Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Tupac barely "made" music while alive. Rapping on top of other people's songs. Obviously the end result can sound good, but it's not something that takes a lot of effort.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Lari wrote:
Tupac barely "made" music while alive. Rapping on top of other people's songs. Obviously the end result can sound good, but it's not something that takes a lot of effort.

My thought process here is in both Tupac and Dio's case it really depends on what their estate holders have in mind. Do they want to continue to release their "material" in whatever form after their deaths as long as there's stuff to release? It may simply be for the money or to satisfy fan's demand for something new from the archives every so often (it's probably for both of those reasons). I'm sure in Dio's case there's probably a ton of live material to release as well as demos, unfinished recordings, journals, etc...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 am

Since this is from the Strange Highways tour I'll have to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:37 am

Svengo wrote:
candlemass wrote:
journeyman wrote:

Hey being dead sure doesn't stop album releases. How many albums has Tupac "released" after he died?  Smile

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:45 am

Yet another live release? Meh. Pass.

C'mon Wendy, Ronnie must've had more unreleased studio stuff socked away in the vaults besides "Electra"... break out some of that sheeeeeit!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

''

This!  New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! 604261 

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yet another live release? Meh. Pass.

C'mon Wendy, Ronnie must've had more unreleased studio stuff socked away in the vaults besides "Electra"... break out some of that sheeeeeit!

Normally I wouldn't care, but I like this particular Dio lineup and am interested to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!   New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ronnie James Dio coming in May 2014!
Page 1 of 1