Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Empty
PostSubject: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm

I don't pay a ton of attention to all these various labels who release every scrap of material, quality be damned, from every band that ever opened a can of hairspray and played a guitar in the 80s. I gave up my quest of finding a new Leather Boyz with Electric Toyz years ago.

But I did check this one out, because of the cover. Apparently they were put together by former KISS manager Bill Aucoin. Maybe some of you already know this band because of that? I never heard of it.

But I'm listening on Spotify, and actually am quite enjoying this. Very sleazy/glammy. You can certainly tell why they never made it big--they do not have a commercial sound, even for this genre at that time. But it's pretty fun to my ears...and I'm liking it more than the majority of the bands that are getting first time releases on these labels (in this case, FnA).

I can't post clips, but the album is called To Boldly Sleaze, on Spotify. And here's a pic of the cover:

Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Creature_too-boldly-sleaze_1
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Looks like a KISS tribute band where all the guys wanted to be Vinnie Vincent. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks like a KISS tribute band where all the guys wanted to be Vinnie Vincent. Laughing very hard

That's what they sound like, too -- the Vinnie Vincent Invasion. I don't like it.

Never knew they existed though. Still can't find much info about them. Glad you posted this, ZombieHavoc!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

My thoughts exactly!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:30 am

Sleazeroxx summed up their review like this:

Quote :
 Creature was a B-movie come to life, and like most low-budget horror movies there is a certain laughable charm about the band. They were spawned from a time when hard rock bands were throwing everything against the wall to see what would stick. In the end fame and fortune eluded Creature, but I bet they have a lot of great memories and scandalous stories to tell. 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's what they sound like, too -- the Vinnie Vincent Invasion. I don't like it.

Never knew they existed though. Still can't find much info about them. Glad you posted this, ZombieHavoc!

Haha, that's all pretty spot on, look and sound-wise.

However, I love VVI, so maybe that's why I am enjoying this band. I couldn't find much info either, just the little bit that was on FnA's website.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 pm

I would like this band much more if the vocal melodies were better. I like the tone of his voice, but there is almost nothing interesting happening melodically on most of their songs, just screaming over some decent riffs before the gang vocal chorus comes in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?   Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creature--80s sleaze/glam put together by former KISS manager?
Page 1 of 1