Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"

Go down 
+7
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Boris2008
mc666
tohostudios
DakotaRogers
Required Fields
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Empty
PostSubject: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 pm

I remember in a thread a while back, I talked about Ed the Sock, who had Fromage on MuchMusic many years ago. This should appeal for those of you who remember that and like it:

Pretty funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 pm

If anything, that made me angry!

I can't believe this is the shit passing as music these days.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I remember in a thread a while back, I talked about Ed the Sock, who had Fromage on MuchMusic many years ago. This should appeal for those of you who remember that and like it:

Pretty funny stuff.
 Laughing very hard  Laughing very hard  Laughing very hard 

I couldn't handle more than up to #6 or my ears would have started to bleed.  That review guy is funny as hell though.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:04 pm

The Taylor Swift song is the only one I'd heard before. Fortunately for me.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:49 am

I usually have a problem with fully grown men ranting about pop music aimed at pre teen girls. But this guy was pretty funny and he chose his 'worst songs' pretty well. I'm sure that most pre teen girls with any taste would hate that selection!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:56 am

I just don't get the whole auto-tune thing at all. If it made stuff catchier I could see it but to my ears it sucks the life out of everything.

I miss Ed The Sock. I used to tape whole blocks of MuchMusic when he would VJ. He should have gotten his own talk show.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Pretty funny stuff.
 Laughing very hard  Laughing very hard  Laughing very hard 

I couldn't handle more than up to #6 or my ears would have started to bleed.  That review guy is funny as hell though.

My favorite commentary was for #2. Skip to the 17:00 mark if you want to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 pm

I was hoping that auto-tune thing was just a fad that would eventually go away, but it has been around since the late 90s and shows no signs of going away yet.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Taylor Swift....... is just so vile.......

First thing I thought with #7 was Skee-Lo too, good form Mr. Buckley, that song is classic.

#6 I literally loled.

#3 is awful but to be fair they were probably influenced by 'The Boondocks' so that does dial down the awfulness a little.

#2 absolutely deserves the spot and I was actually waiting for it to show up. But at the same time, I will willingly listen to this over anything Taylor Swift. The man is so high he probably really means everything he's saying, it's so ridiculous that it's endearing somehow.

I endorse a cage match between Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

S.D. wrote:
I was hoping that auto-tune thing was just a fad that would eventually go away, but it has been around since the late 90s and shows no signs of going away yet.  

A Dose of Buckley's Worst Songs of 2012 list had a rather funny part where he makes fun of something for being autotuned so poorly. Go to the 6:16 mark:
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Making fun of pop music? Now that's something you don't see every day.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Making fun of pop music?  Now that's something you don't see every day.  

I love pop music, always have. He's making fun of terrible, lazy pop music.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:48 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Making fun of pop music?  Now that's something you don't see every day.  

I love pop music, always have. He's making fun of terrible, lazy pop music.

Is that a new genre?  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:46 pm

S.D. wrote:

Words cannot express my distaste for autotune. If I can pick it, I just cannot bring myself to like the song, no matter how catchy or well it might be written. Unfortunately, my gym blasts many of these, so I unfortunately get to 'hear' them.

I'm sure there are creative ways of using autotune, but it appears generally a cover for a lack of talent.
Back to top Go down
SycoMantis91
Metal novice
Metal novice
SycoMantis91

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 am

I've been a big fan of Buckley for a while. he doesn't have the best taste, but he's very analytical and great at spotting the nuances in terrible music. Even if you don't agree with him, you can never argue with the points he makes, nor keep yourself from laughing at them... Or hating yourself for loving a song he just tore to pieces. His social rants are pretty amusing too.
Back to top Go down
http://sycoticsoliloquies.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 7:43 pm

jstate wrote:
I miss Ed The Sock.  I used to tape whole blocks of MuchMusic when he would VJ.  He should have gotten his own talk show.

The guy who sits right across from me at work actually met Ed the Sock (well, the man behind the sock) back in the 1990s. He said he was a nice enough guy, too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 pm

SycoMantis91 wrote:

I've been a big fan of Buckley for a while. he doesn't have the best taste, but he's very analytical and great at spotting the nuances in terrible music. Even if you don't agree with him, you can never argue with the points he makes, nor keep yourself from laughing at them... Or hating yourself for loving a song he just tore to pieces. His social rants are pretty amusing too.

My favorite Buckley rant...

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:46 pm

mc666 wrote:

My favorite Buckley rant...

YES! 100% agree!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 pm

I've never understood why "music" fans care what others listen to.  You liking what I like or not takes not one thing away from my enjoyment of it.  Hell, I like that people are into different things since that means less competition in hunting down and finding the stuff I want.

Quote :
The guy who sits right across from me at work actually met Ed the Sock (well, the man behind the sock) back in the 1990s. He said he was a nice enough guy, too

That's cool.  But I prefer to think of Ed the Sock only as a real live entity.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:58 pm

I like Taylor Swift. Buy the records and everything.

She writes her own music, plays her own guitar, doesn't autotune, writes catchy pop songs with a some times country influence...don't really see the problem.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:39 am

I find Taylor Swift to be perfectly acceptable pop music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"   A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dose of Buckley's "Worst Songs of 2013"
Page 1 of 1