Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of new Boston

Go down 
+6
MetalRob331
Dark Horseman
James B.
Svengo
tohostudios
mikeinfla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Review of new Boston Empty
PostSubject: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 pm

This isn't my review but based on this one and the sound samples I have heard I won't be getting this one. The drum machine and the retreads from Corporate Crap kill it for me.
http://www.melodicrock.com/reviews/reviews.html
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Quote :
You know there's a problem when it takes 11 years to prove that the last album wasn't as bad as you remember, at least not compared to the latest offering.
That line alone just cracked me up!

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 pm

I don't know why there seems to be a spark of hope in me that thinks they'll be another good Boston album. If I'm honest with myself you've got a classic debut album, a followup that while it pretty much retreads much of the debut is good and a third record with a few good tracks but overall is mediocre in comparison to the first two. After this it's been pretty much downhill all the way Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Svengo wrote:
I don't know why there seems to be a spark of hope in me that thinks they'll be another good Boston album. If I'm honest with myself you've got a classic debut album, a followup that while it pretty much retreads much of the debut is good and a third record with a few good tracks but overall is mediocre in comparison to the first two. After this it's been pretty much downhill all the way Sad
Exactly. The law of diminishing returns and they've been diminishing ever since the debut.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:52 pm

If I was an "electronic genius",  making electronic drums sound realistic should be as easy as plugging a guitar into your Walkman.  Maybe not ?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:27 pm

I'll stick with the first two and the RTZ albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm

This album is best to stay away from..   The track YOU GAVE UP ON LOVE is rly the only one on the album that I can get into.  It has a great hook and the overall sound of that song isn't so digital  IMO...  I liked that song a lot on CA as well..

I rly wish Tom Scholz would drop the Boston name and start his own thing.  He is an exceptional guitar player and I would love to hear anything he plays on...

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I've been listening to it on Spotify. It's not bad, but didn't bowl me over either.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I've been listening to it on Spotify. It's not bad, but didn't bowl me over either.
It sounds like an album that had bits n pieces thrown into it here and there. I think that kills the mood of it. It's not bad, it just sounds horrible IMO!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:34 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'll stick with the first two and the RTZ albums.
That Barry Goudreau album from 1980 is pretty good, Brad Delp sings on it. It's basically classic Boston.

As for this album, I'll always be a Tom Scholz fan but this doesnt interest me in the least. Doesnt suck but it does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Boston is an example of a progressive slide downhill, by and large. The first one is phenomenal, one of classic rock's all time best albums. Don't Look Back is quite good, but except for a few songs cannot manage to reach the heights achieved by its predecessor. Third Stage has some good tunes, but is mostly forgettable. Walk On is about as good as Third Stage from a songwriting standpoint (IMO), but is missing Delp's incredible vocals. I thought Corporate America was horrid. I have no plans on picking this one up.

I saw Boston back on the CA tour (2003, perhaps?). They were awesome. Does anyone know if this was the last full tour with Delp before his untimely passing?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Its terrible! I was really anxious to hear this when it came out and I almost vomited. Its really terrible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of new Boston   Review of new Boston Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of new Boston
Page 1 of 1