Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Nov/Dec Update

Go down 
+19
TheGreatDuck
journeyman
corplhicks
Lurideath
Chairman_Smith
Hadley
sovdat
chewie
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
Tur-Thalion
mc666
BillRoxx
choosemetal
Required Fields
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Cool fact. Thanks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Another error in your Bathory review: "thrash-influened" should be "thrash-influenced".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Got it. Thanks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:05 am

I've noticed on a couple of pages some spam links or something like that. For example, the beggining of Sabbath page comes with: Drug addicted celebrities and rock stars can easily afford the cost of drug rehab programs, but not too many of them are seeking help. There's more, I remember some link to grill equipment (!!) but cannot remember where ... Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:15 am

Yes, those are paid links. I hate them but I couldn't afford to keep the site up without some help. There's about 10 of them scattered throughout the site. The one on the Kreator page is the one I dilike the most.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Kind of ironic that one of those paid links about rehab is on the Ozzy page though  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Nice Gilmour review. Great album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Very good reviews, though some things aren't really revirews but more of a biography. HAHA You definitely need more Bathory and Venom albums though!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Very good reviews, though some things aren't really revirews but more of a biography. HAHA  You definitely need more Bathory and Venom albums though!

My site isn't really a review site. It's just my collection. Sometimes I review the music, sometimes an album just seems to require more history than review. It just depends on the album and band I guess.

More Venom? Haha! I have probably 14-15 albums. I'll be adding The Waste Lands review soon. (Thanks to Vexer6.)

Yes, only have the one Bathory at the moment.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Very good reviews, though some things aren't really revirews but more of a biography. HAHA  You definitely need more Bathory and Venom albums though!

My site isn't really a review site. It's just my collection. Sometimes I review the music, sometimes an album just seems to require more history than review. It just depends on the album and band I guess.

More Venom? Haha! I nearly probably 14-15 albums. I'll be adding The Waste Lands review soon. (Thanks to Vexer6.)

Yes, only have the one Bathory at the moment.

So you'll have to forgive my curiosity but did you like the Bathory? I've always found I have to be in the mood for it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Yes, I liked it. It's mood music, but a lot of music is mood music.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, I liked it. It's mood music, but a lot of music is mood music.

True, true. For me it's also the best "black" music I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I like your site. I turn to it quite often. The history part is very appealing. Your take on a lot of the music is spot on. Not very often do I read your take and think, "wow, not true". I also like that your fair about how an album fits into the discography of a band/artist. Dio comes to mind. Keep it up. I've purchased quite a few albums because of what I read on your site.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Do you have any more Theocracy albums? I'd like to know your opinions on Mirror of Souls and (especially) When the World Bleeds.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 2:56 pm

I do not have any more Theocracy. I've heard that the newer albums are better than the debut, which I thought was underwhelming, though certainly not bad.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Ult, have you heard any Steve Jones,the ex-Sex Pistols guitarist? He did two hair metal albums in the late '80s.

Also, Andy Taylor of Duran Duran fame released a pretty decent melodic hard rock album Thunder in '87 that was co-written and produced by Jones.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Nope, never heard the Steve Jones albums or Andy Taylor.

Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:22 am

Journeyman wrote:
I've purchased quite a few albums because of what I read on your site.

Oh same here. Quite a few actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:13 am

ultmetal wrote:

I never cared for Jonesy first album, but the follow-up, Fire & Gasoline, is worth tracking down. Catchy 80's hard rock. Lotsa guests on it too. Nikki Sixx, Axl Rose, Ian Astbury of the Cult.

Don't mind the goofy fan-made video...

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I never cared for Jonesy first album, but the follow-up, Fire & Gasoline, is worth tracking down. Catchy 80's hard rock. Lotsa guests on it too. Nikki Sixx, Axl Rose, Ian Astbury of the Cult.

Don't mind the goofy fan-made video...

Fire & Gasoline is a good album. Definitely worth tracking down.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, those are paid links. I hate them but I couldn't afford to keep the site up without some help. There's about 10 of them scattered throughout the site. The one on the Kreator page is the one I dilike the most.

Do you have to write those or do they give them to you to put in?

I wonder if you could just do ad banners to earn money instead, from like Google ads or something?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Yes, those are paid links. I hate them but I couldn't afford to keep the site up without some help. There's about 10 of them scattered throughout the site. The one on the Kreator page is the one I dislike the most.

Do you have to write those or do they give them to you to put in?

I wonder if you could just do ad banners to earn money instead, from like Google ads or something?

I could do banner ads I suppose. I really don't want a ton of advertising on my site. (Actually I don't really want any. Haha!)

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:19 pm

We could host a break-dancing competition to raise money for the site.

In case it isn't obvious, I'm referencing a movie. Huzzah for pop culture references.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Hadley wrote:
Do you have any more Theocracy albums? I'd like to know your opinions on Mirror of Souls and (especially) When the World Bleeds.

I would HIGHLY recommend As the World Bleeds. Everything about it is top notch.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov/Dec Update   NLTM Nov/Dec Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM Nov/Dec Update
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next