Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?

Go down 
+2
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Empty
PostSubject: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:42 am

Just saw this on his Facebook. Interesting.

"さっきニッポンのミカタの収録終わりました。相変わらず超〜オモロかった上に勉強になる!しかもたけしさんの話し方は前より意外と聞き取れる(笑)放送は11/1午後10時。Just taped a show with Beat Takeshi, it was a blast. "Nippon no Mikata" airs Nov. 1 at 10PM on TV Tokyo."

Fans of Asian cinema--and Battle Royale in particular--should probably recognize that name.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:06 am

Playing Japanese Pop Music....making tons of money.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 pm

I read an interview on Blabbermouth that he's working on his heaviest solo album yet. That's what I was hoping for. Last one I really enjoyed all the way through was Loudspeaker.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:10 am

If it's heavier than this, I think we'll all be very happy folk. Marty just published this today, from a new Kamen Rider movie:

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I like Marty and am glad that he's doing stuff that's making him happy (and rich!! Very Happy )

I could listen to him play all day when I'm in the mood, whatever the style.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
From what I understand, he's totally immersed himself in the Japanese culture, living there, speaking the language and creating music for all sorts of Japanese tv shows, movies, pop singers, etc. All while making some decent yen to boot.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
From what I understand, he's totally immersed himself in the Japanese culture, living there, speaking the language and creating music for all sorts of Japanese tv shows, movies, pop singers, etc. All while making some decent yen to boot.
According to Mustaine the guy has always loved all things Japanesey

I think that he may have heard this at an impressionable age

I loved this song as a kid Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 pm

It's amazing. It's good to see Marty so involved with the culture. I am a big fan of j-music myself and some of my favorite japanese artists have worked with this guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?   So what's Marty Friedman up to these days? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what's Marty Friedman up to these days?
Page 1 of 1