Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:00 pm

In a thread about horrible music videos, someone posted a video by Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost. Well, I'm sure this wasn't his intention, by I ended up really digging the song and sought out the album on eBay. I finally got the 1984 album "In The Name Of" by Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost. I would've gotten it sooner, but the first one I purchased on eBay got lost in the mail. Anyway, there's some good stuff on there that I'll be adding to my '80s hard rock/metal rotation.  Here are some songs I uploaded to Youtube. It's the first time I've uploaded such videos. I wondered what some of you thought.

"Play With Fire (You're Gonna Get Burned)"

"Don't Say No, Say Maybe"

"Stayin' Power"

"Never Going Back"

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:52 am

Listening to these songs I'm reminded how much production can do for albums. These songs could be A LOT better if the album sounded decent. I thought the songs were good and I hear a lot of variations in styles. Heck when Play with Fire started I was reminded how much I really love Kansas.

Mot a bad listen and I know it was the early 80's but these guys could use a remaster IMO...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Quote :
In a thread about horrible music videos, someone posted a video by Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost. Well, I'm sure this wasn't his intention, by I ended up really digging the song and sought out the album on eBay
That was me. Very Happy

Cool that you dug it and you were able to track down a copy of the album (I would imagine that since it was a self-release thing, there must not be many of 'em out there), but still... I think you'd have to admit, this video was pretty fricking terrible. Laughing very hard

I listened to some of the other samples from the album that you put up and they don't do much for me either... sorry. But I'm glad I helped you make a new discovery.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Well, the video complements the album cover, at least. I really like cemeteries for some reason, so I like the setting of the video. Anyone know what cemetery this is (in New York, probably)? Sure, the singer is over-the-top, but it shows they don't take themselves too seriously. It says "To Be Continued..." I wonder if there was a sequel. Did he escape from that coffin and scare the heck out of his band mates? Guess we'll never know.

Anyway, thanks for posting that, as it made me aware of this band and got me some more songs to add to my '80s metal mp3 player.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Anyway, thanks for posting that, as it made me aware of this band and got me some more songs to add to my '80s metal mp3 player.
Do you have separate mp3 players for different genres?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Quote :
Anyone know what cemetery this is (in New York, probably)?
From what little info I can find out about these guys on the net, they were from Staten Island, New York, so I would imagine that's where they shot the video.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:39 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:
Do you have separate mp3 players for different genres?
Yes. I have one for '80s metal (have a few cheat songs from the '90s, '00s), one for '80s pop/rock, one for '60s bands like The Monkees, DC5, Paul Revere and the Raiders, one for progressive '70s stuff like Genesis, Kansas, Jethro Tull, and I used to have one just for KISS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost   Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Father, Son, And The Holy Ghost
Page 1 of 1