Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Empty
PostSubject: Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?   Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:51 am

There has been debate on who the father of grindcore is. Some argue that it's Repulsion or that it's Napalm Death? What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?   Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:05 am

I don't know, I discovered Napalm Death after talking to their drummer in a record shop and from there went to Heresy, Repulsion and Unseen Terror. I wouldn't like to guess who was the first band to be officially considered 'Grindcore' as so many of the punk bands were getting faster and faster.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?   Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:06 am

I heard Napalm Death was, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?   Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:34 am

Napalm Death formed first, but Repulsion had an album out first. So in that regards, I guess it would be debatable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?   Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Wasn't in Siege? Or were they more hardcore? Repulsion and Napalm Death were both influenced by them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?   Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repulsion or Napalm Death who is the father of grindcore?
Page 1 of 1