Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thank You

Go down 
+14
nevermore
Troublezone
Eyesore
Wargod
Dark Horseman
Lari
MetalRob331
corplhicks
bgsully
manny
Boris2008
MoonChild
Alex Dee Rokket
Susie Locust sister
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Susie Locust sister
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 am

I want to thank all the people who talked to my brother here. We opened his computer yesterday and saw he was very involved with your forum. Sebastian, or Chrome Locust died three days ago. He was very troubled since he left the military - he was hounded for years and we are taking this to court. Sebastian was a loyal British soldier, he served in many tours and, from what we can glean from British Intelligence, was Special Forces- there is an X on two tours he did of Irac.

He always loved his heavy metal, and used to send me bootleg copies of the latest metal bands from Irac and Afghanistan. My earliest memory was my big brother sending me a VHS of 'DIRTY DANCING' from Northern Ireland when he was a Private, for my birthday. It was my favorite film.

Thank you so much for being his friend.

Sue
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:56 am

My deepest condolences.

I did not know Sebastian (Chrome) very well, just from reading his posts and interacting via the message board. I could tell he was very passionate about his music and his favorite bands, so I am glad he was able to share his hobby with the rest of us here.

I did not know how troubled he really was until I read a post he wrote about a week ago which can be found here: http://www.heartofmetal.net/t20297-insane-soldier-explains-himself

I read that whole post once or twice and I was shocked and in disbelief. I didn't know how to react other than to pray for him and I did include him in my prayers for the day I read that.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Susie Locust sister
Metal novice
Metal novice

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 am

Thank you so much, Alex. Seb was involved in an incident that he was court Marshalled over in the early 2005/06 I'm thinking. He had a wife two young children at the time; and was fighting the case. He was sent back to Afghanistan (as far as we know) his pay stubs are blanks but approved. If you knew my brother, he was so much fun - he doted on me. Seb or Chrome, was my half brother, his father, where he grew up, was in Wales. I know he got messed up in Northern Ireland, but that was Seb, he was desperate to see the peace process happen. He loved his heavy metal, loved his family, and we had no idea how he fell apart bit by bit. We are tracing all his last contacts from face book, metal heart, etc - but all we can get was he was happy up to a month ago. If any of you have any information please tell me. My brother was a brilliant person who would give you the AC/DC shirt off his back. I know he went through hell in Afghanistan, but there is no way he would have ordered a fire fight if he didn't deem his men in danger. He got absolutely slaughtered over that. My heart is breaking for Seb, my father has aged 10 years since we found Seb. The last thing he did last February was up his life insurance - he must have planned this! I wish... so lost without him.
Back to top Go down
Susie Locust sister
Metal novice
Metal novice

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:39 am

The MOD deny he was offered a new position. Explain the pay checks so?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:00 am

I am so sorry to hear about the sad demise, sending prayers and my heartfelt condolence.
Back to top Go down
Susie Locust sister
Metal novice
Metal novice

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 am

MoonChild wrote:
I am so sorry to hear about the sad demise, sending prayers and my heartfelt condolence.
Thank you so much - he'd love that - he was a AC/DC fanatic, himself.I know when he came to stay with us, you'd hear AC/DC blasting out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:21 am

Very sorry for your loss Sue.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:26 am

I have no idea what to say, I did not know the man outside this forum, but I am sorry for your loss.

I do hope that in coming days and weeks, even years, that pain will be diminished by the good memories you had of him. I wish I had something deeper, more insightful to offer you, but words escape me at this moment
Back to top Go down
Susie Locust sister
Metal novice
Metal novice

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:33 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Very sorry for your loss Sue.
Thanks Boris, that means a lot. We're keeping this page open as we knew he loved his metal and talking with his friends here. I miss him so much, Boris. We have different fathers, mine was very abusive, he beat me, my sisters, and my mother very badly: Seb (first time we met, he was training down in Hereford) kicked the living shit out of him - he drained his savings to put us in a house in Swansea. He sent money constantly to my trust fund along with my sisters to get us to college. I miss him so badly. He was such a beautiful person. I knew he was going through a bad time, but he wouldn't let me in - he was too scared to upset us. I don't know what we will do without him.
Back to top Go down
Susie Locust sister
Metal novice
Metal novice

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 am

manny wrote:
I have no idea what to say, I did not know the man outside this forum, but I am sorry for your loss.  

I do hope that in coming days and weeks, even years, that pain will be diminished by the good memories you had of him.  I wish I had something deeper, more insightful to offer you, but words escape me at this moment
Christ, friend, thank you, if you knew him, its so hard. He had a heart of gold - loved everybody. He took sniper fire in his face in Northern Ireland, never held it against them. He just wanted peace. It sounds ironic, but that was Sebastian. Crazy metal maniac. Best big brother u could imagine - so lost without him.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 am

Wow. This is quite the shocker. I knew something was up with Chrome gleaning from his last few posts. From what's being said, it sound like he took his own life? I hope that's not the case, but regardless he was a unique and enjoyable character here on the boards, even when controversial Smile! My condolences for your loss, and I hope the military shows some respect for his service and sacrifices.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:14 am

So sorry to hear about your families loss. I know I couldnt cope with anyone close to me passing and I do not look forward to that day. I know the older I get the more I can't run away from it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to.

My family sends their condolences and cherish his memories. When ppl leave a lasting impression on you their spirit never dies.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:40 am

He definitely seemed like a troubled person.

Last edited by Lari on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 am

Boy, this is the hard part of the net. I thought he was struggling but didn't know him well and hoped people around him were picking up on it. Sorry for your loss, so sad.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Oh man that is so sad. I never knew him all that well but I did read a lot of his posts and he will be missed. When your into metal like he was he was our brother as well! TY for informing us!

NP: David "Rock" Feinstein - Clash Of Armor

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:08 pm

It's always a tragedy when one loses a sibling, especially when they write and spell exactly like you. Such a shame. Sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's always a tragedy when one loses a sibling, especially when they write and spell exactly like you. Such a shame. Sorry for your loss.
I thought the same thing, but I'm erring on the safer side...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Sorry to hear this news... I didn't know him, but from what i've read, he had some traumatic experiences. War is terrible and i'm sure it left him haunted and scarred. My condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Susie. Condolences to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:09 pm

My condolences to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm very sorry. My prayers are with you all.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You   Thank You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Sorry to hear, my condolences.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thank You Empty