Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leif Edling's AVATARIUM

Go down 
+2
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Empty
PostSubject: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Avatariumdebutcd_600

AVATARIUM, the new project led by Leif Edling, founding bassist and main songwriter of Swedish doom metal legends CANDLEMASS, will release its self-titled debut album on November 1 via Nuclear Blast.

In addition to Edling, AVATARIUM features Marcus Jidell (ROYAL HUNT, EVERGREY) on guitar, Lars Sköld (TIAMAT) on drums, Carl Westholm on keyboards and Jennie-Ann Smith on vocals.

AVATARIUM's first release will be a 12-inch mini-LP, "Moonhorse", featuring the title track, the B-side "Boneflower" as well as an acoustic cover version of BLACK SABBATH's "War Pigs". It will arrive on on September 20.

The cover artwork for "Avatarium" was Swedish artist Erik Rovamperä, who has previously worked with CANDLEMASS.

Commented Erik: "As opposed to many contemporary artists eager to express their inner emotional turmoil, my ambitions as a painter stand first and foremost from a lifelong love of hard-rockin' music and the inherently darker iconography of that genre.

"I'm seldom one to channel personal experiences in my art but rather view my work as part of the heavy metal tradition forged by likes of Derek Riggs, Ken Kelly and many more.

"In the specific chase of AVATARIUM, my sources of inspiration have come to include the heretical idolatry of the pre-Christianized cults throughout ancient Europe and esoteric allegories of the late medieval secret societies."

Jidell has the following to say about the birth of "Avatarium": "We are very proud to present the first, but not the last, AVATARIUM album to you.

"When we started to demo the songs on this album, we had one thing that we thought was extremely important: we wanted to make music that was heavy, dark and poetic. Also, we had an urge to make an album with a very organic sound and no fixing and trixing in computers but just try to make great emotional music.

"During the whole process, we have been looking for feeling rather than trying to make everything technically perfect.

"I think that everything really came together the first day Jennie-Ann came in the studio and sung 'Moonhorse'. She had everything we looked for in a singer: rock 'n' roll attitude, jazz and blues feel, a big and powerful voice and yet so able to be fragile and extremely tender in her interpretation of the songs.

"If you like heavy, dark riffs and big guitars, emotional, raw and bluesy vocals, thunderous and groovy drums, I am quite sure that you'll like AVATARIUM."

"Avatarium" track listing:

CD:

01. Moonhorse
02. Pandora's Egg
03. Avatarium
04. Boneflower
05. Bird Of Prey
06. Tides Of Telepathy
07. Lady In The Lamp

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 pm

So more retro but with more talent. Might try.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:08 am

What a stupid name.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:47 am

Really dig this:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Bump for new album info...The Girl With the Raven Mask coming October 23rd.

Leif Edling's AVATARIUM 1000x1000

01. Girl With The Raven Mask
02. The January Sea
03. Pearls And Coffins
04. Hypnotized
05. Ghostlight
06. Run Killer Run
07. Iron Mule
08. The Master Thief

Bonus DVD (live at Hammer Of Doom festival in 2014):

01. Moonhorse
02. Bird Of Prey
03. All I Want
04. Tides Of Telepathy
05. Deep Well
06. Pandora's Egg
07. Avatarium

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:25 pm

I'd forgotten about this band. Might have to remedy that with their s/t debut.

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:47 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Really dig this:

I Really dig this too!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Love this band! They remind me of a slower, Nighttime Birds-era The Gathering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leif Edling's AVATARIUM   Leif Edling's AVATARIUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leif Edling's AVATARIUM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: