Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Carcass album!

Go down 
+9
Lurideath
ohwellmonkey
Wayne
Thelemech
mc666
nevermore
corplhicks
Boris2008
The_Jayroh
13 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 am

I'm surprised no one has posted about this on here yet, but Carcass are releasing a new album called Surgical Steel in a few days from now.  Micheal Amott has left the band since he wanted to focus on Arch Enemy, and Daniel Wilding joined on the drums which is someone I hadn't heard of before.

The reviews put the album as a mix of Necroticism and Heartwork, but that just sounds like pretty typical Carcass to me.  I thought at first, "this could be bad," until I heard the first song that was released.

There are several other songs that have leaked onto YouTube, and I've gotta say: this album rules!  Don't get your hopes up too much as this isn't going to be a new favorite.  I haven't actually been able to sit and listen to the album all the way through, so perhaps I'll change my mind about that last sentence sometime down the road.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 am

Just pre ordered this I'm a sucker for all things Bill Steer. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 am

Sounds and smells like Carcass. I'm game.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am

I'm waiting on my copy to arrive!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 pm

If you liked Heartwork, you'll like the new one.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm

I have this on special order from one of the local Cd shops. Really looking forward to it being released.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Cannot wait to hear this bad boy. Managed to catch a carcass show in london in march with the new guys and they sounded great. One of my all time favourite bands, fell in love with em when the released necroticism back the day.

The album comes out in the uk next monday but I'm currently on holiday in zante but will pick it up the moment I'm back in the uk the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Well picked up Surgical Steel today after work. Will give a review once I have gotten a chance to listen to it properly - but if Captive Bolt Pistol is anything like the rest of the album I will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:08 am

I got it early and its just as good as heartwork. But better recorded, I'm really digging it!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 pm

This is the album Carcass should have made after Heartwork!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Carcass shouldn't have made Heartwork, it should have been THIS album! This new album RULES!!!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:26 am

Can't believe theirs not much noise about this album on this forum.

Carcass are one of the all time legends of death metal and this new album is absolutely superb. It's like swansong never happened and I'm back in the 1990's and this is the follow up to heartwork. Can't stop listening to it.

Now all I need is them to get out on a uk headline tour and life will be sweet lol.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Finally got around to listening to this. God, it smokes from start to finish. I know there were a lot of haters after they dropped a lot of the raw death tendencies, but to me it seems like they've been at home. This is their best in some time. Very thrashy and full of hooks and even traditional metal melodies.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Bah. This is the only Surgical Steel worth listening to:

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Bah.  This is the only Surgical Steel worth listening to:

Very Happy 
lol! What striking similarities!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 am

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm

I looked a bit like that kid when I was his age, same hairdo and everything, but nowhere near as knowledgeable about metal music.

This album is a must if you want to just have your head bashed right in from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:32 pm

I just ordered it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 pm

I got the album in the mail today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

New Carcass album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carcass album!   New Carcass album! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Carcass album!
Page 1 of 1