Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Empty
PostSubject: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:29 pm

"What we have here is a great sleazy rock 'n' roll album with lots of attitude from England's hair metal 'quireboys' Wrathchild. You may remember the band's 1984 debut Stakk Attakk, but this is Wrathchild in the modern world with their first studio album in over twenty years and a great new singer named Gaz Psychowrath. The music on Stakkattakktwo is extremely powerful with the same type of anthemic songs that made the original version of Wrathchild so great and the album itself is a rockin' comeback that holds nothing back.
 The opening track "Goin' Down" is a great hard rock track full of attitude that will seriously make you throw your fists in the air and start headbanging. "All About U" follows and is a fantastic '70s glam styled song with the typical Wrathchild twist -- including some synth and even a piano during the guitar solo. This one is another great song and proves that Psychowrath's voice gives the band a more powerful edge. "Cherie Cherie" is my personal favorite on the album, it is a very '80s sounding track with a great melody, fantastic guitar work and dazzling solo -- absolutely beautiful. "Trikk Or Treat" is another rocker that could be called an anthem -- it has a great riff, a fantastic hook, and is sleazy to the core. "Hollywood Or Bust" is the longest track on Stakkattakktwo but has great guitar work, perfect solo and great melodies both vocally and musically.
 The second half of the album kicks (or should that be 'kikks'?) off with "Nice 'N' Eazy", a song drenched in sleaze that has an '80s era KISS vibe, pounding drums, and ear shattering guitar work. "White Hot Fever" is another sleazy song that has a Van Halen feel about it and is a great rockin' track that has lyrics about a woman that you want to leave but you can't help but come back to night after night. The '80s KISS sound returns on "I'll Be Your Rokk N' Roll", yet another anthemic rocker that has a great riff and some excellent lyrics -- and right before the solo you get a sweet bass line from Marc Angel. When you reach his part of the album you have a hard time believing that Stakkattakktwo is actually a newer release. "Bad Billy" is another good-time rocker with a great hook and you'll find it getting stuck in your head, while "I Luv The Night" is a high energy, balls-out rock 'n' roll song -- it's clear from the first chorus as to why the boys in Wrathchild start their live shows with this song. The album closes with "Psychophantic Suicide", a song that needs to be mentioned because it is the first ballad Wrathchild has ever done -- but it's not your typical cheesy ballad. Instead it is a slower song about your mortality and brings the album to a calm, epic close, and is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.
 Stakkattakktwo is a great release from start to finish from a band that is often criminally overlooked. I highly recommend this album to fans of old Wrathchild and people who have never heard the band before. This album, which is available via Perris Records, is one that will not disappoint. This is the best record Wrathchild have put out, and I'm a longtime fan. "    Sleaze Roxx

Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Stakkattakktwo
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005HTQ3IW/sleazeroxx-20
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Huh.  For some reason I always thought this was a thrash band.  I listened to samples of this on Amazon and I liked what I heard.

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Huh.  For some reason I always thought this was a thrash band.  I listened to samples of this on Amazon and I liked what I heard.
You're confusing Wrathchilds.  

Wrathchild America was sort-of thrash.

Wratchchild UK were teased spikey hair, eyeliner and ridiculous clothes, you should love them.  

Laughing very hard

Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Wrathchild_UK_-_Stakk_Attakk_-_Front

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Wratchchild UK were teased spikey hair, eyeliner and ridiculous clothes, you should love them.  

Laughing very hard

I'll take that as a compliment!  lol!

And yeah, I totally base my musical opinion on what a band looks like. Razz 

Last edited by tohostudios on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Laughing very hard

Good lord, if they looked like that in the 80's I dread to think what they look like now!! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Laughing very hard

Good lord, if they looked like that in the 80's I dread to think what they look like now!! Shocked 
Who cares what they look like; it's what they SOUND like in my book. Always has been. Wink 

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm

True, looks shouldn't matter. A funny thing though, I figured out many years ago that if a band looks like that...there's a 99% chance I'm not going to like their music either. A strange coincidence to be sure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:19 pm

I actually pay ZERO attention to what a band looks like when I encounter a new band.   I give the music a shot; it I like it, I'm in, if not, I'm out.  

But I'll grant you that about 75% of the time you can get a good idea what a band sounds like by looking at their photos.  However I long ago learned not to judge a band's book by its cover.

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Hell, I love mid-80s Celtic Frost (pre-Cold Lake era) and they look just as goofy as any LA Sunset Strip band.  So there are definitely exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 pm

If a band doesn't have a particular image, I don't care what they look like.

If they choose to dress like this then they forfeit that right not to get laughed at by me! lol!

I laughed at CF too! Didn't stop me loving the music. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
If a band doesn't have a particular image, I don't care what they look like.

If they choose to dress like this then they forfeit that right not to get laughed at by me! lol!

I laughed at CF too! Didn't stop me loving the music. Very Happy 
I can respect that; I'm the same way.  I may laugh at the way a band like Hanoi Rocks looks but it doesn't stop me from liking their music. Hell, nobody looks sillier than Lordi (well, OK maybe Gwar does) but I still dig the music.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 pm

I've heard both Wrathchilds (Wrathchildren?) and I never thought either one was particularly great, to be honest...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:24 pm

At first I thought this was about the Wrathchild/Souls at Zero band...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
There have been rumblings about them (Wrathchild America) making a comeback as well, but nothing official yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
There have been rumblings about them (Wrathchild America) making a comeback as well, but nothing official yet.
I seriously doubt that. Brad is a touring FOH engineer, Shannon is constantly busy and Terry is a country music guitarist now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I seriously doubt that.  Brad is a touring FOH engineer, Shannon is constantly busy and Terry is a country music guitarist now.  
It's possible... Phil Rind from Sacred Reich was said to be done with music, but made a comeback doing occasional shows for fun and i'm sure a decent paycheck for the festivals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I seriously doubt that.  Brad is a touring FOH engineer, Shannon is constantly busy and Terry is a country music guitarist now.  
Yeah, they probably couldn't do a full-scale, "new album and world tour" comeback but supposedly the organizers of the M3 Festival (which is located in their home area) wanted to get them back together for a one-off gig at their fest, but it fell thru.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, they probably couldn't do a full-scale, "new album and world tour" comeback but supposedly the organizers of the M3 Festival (which is located in their home area) wanted to get them back together for a one-off gig at their fest, but it fell thru.
I believe the only member of Wrathchild that still lives in the Baltimore area is Jay Abbene, the rest have scattered throughout the country. I read an interview with Brad a few years ago where he stated that a reunion might be possible at some point, but he couldn't see it happening anytime soon because they all have other professional commitments. Shannon Larkin was just here in L.A. last week giving a drum clinic at Guitar Center.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back   Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glam Rockers Wrathchild are back
Page 1 of 1