Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wehrmacht -any fans?

Go down 
+2
metalheaded
Short-Fuse
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Wehrmacht -any fans? Empty
PostSubject: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 am

Just wondered what you thought of this 80's Wisconsin crossover/thrash band once considered (by their estimation) to be the fastest band in America. I think they had an obsession with sharks and beer.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Used to have Shark Attack on cassette back in the day. A few songs were ok, but it was a lot of noisy, messy "thrash" without many hooks. I think they played fast for speed's sake, but if they had slowed it down a little, they could have done something. Or, if they had gotten the speed factor under control to where they played fast, but good...that would have been nice.

More of a fun band than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:49 pm

My brother was big into this band when we were in high school. They were a little too sloppy and over the top for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 pm

They were the opening band at the Sacred Reich show I went to recently. I never heard of them before that.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
They were the opening band at the Sacred Reich show I went to recently. I never heard of them before that.
Sacred Reich is still around??surprised 
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Sacred Reich is still around??surprised 
Here's their most up to date info.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacred-Reich/24848950195

They have some shows coming up in 2014.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:25 pm

They weren't from Wisconsin, they were from Portland Oregon.

A friend of mine saw them open for Sacred Reich at the Bay area show, apparently the vocalist from Cryptic slaughter was in the crowd and they covered Money talks. Cool.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

Used to loves me some Wehrmacht! Haven't listened to them in some time, though. Might have to rectify that soon.... Smile 

PostSubject: Re: Wehrmacht -any fans?   Wehrmacht -any fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wehrmacht -any fans?
Page 1 of 1