Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lesser known classic thrash.

Go down 
+12
Thrasher73
Wurthless
jstate
Glenn Rogers
Stender
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
DevouringFlames
Required Fields
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Lesser known classic thrash.  Empty
PostSubject: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Been tracking down stuff like Devastation, Mortal Sin and even Heretic though they're more APM. Want to see if i've missed any.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm

4 pages worth here, bub...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19332-your-favorite-lesser-known-thrash-records?highlight=lesser+known+thrash

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 pm

If you sort through the RIP section, there are at least 2 or 3 threads in there too.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Duh, yeah. Should've done a search.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Still a good topic. Mortal Sin has been a staple around here lately, as well as Destruction and Sadus. Just purchased /speed\kill/hate\'s debut today. 4/00...I mean 4.00 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Check out this album...

Lesser known classic thrash.  1297156213_bez-imeni-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Amazon has a used copy for only 1,998.00.
Back to top Go down
DevouringFlames
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 am

If you don't know of Paradox, Hexenhaus, Helstar, Depressive Age, and Mekong Delta, then you should definitely check them all out!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:50 am

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 am

Are Hexenhaus lesser known? Lesser known classic thrash.  4782 (I never know with you guys!)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:51 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Amazon has a used copy for only 1,998.00.
I'll sell you my copy for $1000 even. And...FREE SHIPPING!!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:02 pm

You're a champ.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:14 pm

CYCLONE CYCLONE CYCLONE CYCLONE CYCLONE CYCLONE.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

That reminds me. Cyclone's lead vocalist, Guido Gevels, is on Facebook. Very warm and open fellow, accepted my friend request in less than 24 hours. I wrote him concerning a reissue of Inferior to None; here's his reply:

Quote :
Hi Shay, thanx for the kind words. Well as a matter of fact there is quiet some interest from a few labels to reissue both Brutal destruction and Inferior to none, the latter being my favorite of the 2.Anyway nice to hear from ya. Check out the Cyclone page which is linked on my facebookpage, greetz from Belgium, G.
Pretty cool, a glimmer of hope. For those of you who don't know, Inferior to None is a holy grail of thrash. It's impossible to find a copy even on ebay (although one just went up albeit with little info) except for a Greek bootleg floating around, which is what I have. Apparently the bootleg has inferior (no pun intended) sound. The album has received high praise and really is right up there with Metallica and Exodus as far as quality, with even more energy.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Defiance from San Francisco, check out Product of society.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 pm

That's another of those, hard to find for an affordable price gems.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:26 pm

This is a decent box set that has all 3 Defiance releases + bonus tracks for $40...

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Defiance_-_Insomnia_-3CD_Box_Set-/25496

I got it awhile ago. Not sure how much I payed for it though. Reminds me that I need to bust out some Defiance again.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Pickup some Viking.... They reissued the first two....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Ooo good one. Saving up for that box set, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:01 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
Ooo good one. Saving up for that box set, by the way.

Cool...I just sent one to Scott...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Along with the aforementioned boxes - the Artillery one is also a must have too.

I hate to recommend stuff that is expensive and hard to find.  But Necropolis - Contemplating Slaughter is my favorite pick-up in the last few years. Hasn't gone far from my turntable since I got it.   Somebody needs to put that out on disc.  Just a messy/angry killer record.   The way I love my thrash.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Whoever said Mekong Delta is correct. F***ing awesome band. Also do yourself a favor and check out Morbid Saint and Thought Industry (only the album Songs for Insects if you want thrash, though).
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:59 am

Wurthless wrote:
Whoever said Mekong Delta is correct. F***ing awesome band. Also do yourself a favor and check out Morbid Saint and Thought Industry (only the album Songs for Insects if you want thrash, though).
Beat me to the punch. Spectrum of death is essential.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:24 am

Check out Hellhound

And Militia
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Artillery is one i've almost picked up a few times but something else is higher on the want list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known classic thrash.    Lesser known classic thrash.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesser known classic thrash.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next