Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats

Go down 
+10
John Madden
choosemetal
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
Wurthless
onrypt
corplhicks
nevermore
Boris2008
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Empty
PostSubject: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 am

About time these guys had their own thread.

Video for new single Mind Crawler headbanger 

Can anyone think of a single acid era cliche that they have left out of this vid? Me neither Laughing very hard 

I don't care though, this is great!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 pm

I watched this video over at Invisible Oranges earlier. The song is stuck in my head at the moment.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Always enjoyed this band and the style isn't even my thing.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Just bought Bloodlust and Vol1. last week. Very cool and raw! Love Uncle Acid!
C.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:17 pm

onrypt wrote:
C.

affraid 

Where on earth did you manage to score Vol 1 from? It's impossible to get hold of! (or so I thought)

Great score man!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Really great band, but all I've heard is their newest album.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
onrypt wrote:
C.

affraid 

Where on earth did you manage to score Vol 1 from? It's impossible to get hold of! (or so I thought)

Great score man!

Guess I should clarify Smile
I bought Bloodlust from Amazon and got a copy of Vol 1 from a friend. (all mp3 files) please don't shoot me.
I've been on a bit of a buying frenzy lately and have added about 10 new albums to the fold.
2 are from Uncle Acid and after I re-coup some funds will pick up their newest.very happy 
Cheers all!
C.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:11 am

onrypt wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
onrypt wrote:
C.

affraid 

Great score man!

got a copy of Vol 1 from a friend. (all mp3 files) please don't shoot me.

Wouldn't dream of it, that's about the only way that you can get that album and the bands knows this, it was all part of the plan to get word of mouth going about the band in the early days. They released it as a CD-R on a limited run of 20 (yes 20!) copies all hand numbered and that's it, that is the only official release of that record. I wouldn't even want to speculate on how much one would cost because they never come up for sale these days, those who have them are keeping them.

I really hope that Rise Above talk them into a vinyl release at some point because it's a great record.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:18 am

Great band, but there are so many equally good and better bands out there playing this style. Not sure how these guys became the accepted retro band among hipsters and metal heads.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Great band, but there are so many equally good and better bands out there playing this style. Not sure how these guys became the accepted retro band among hipsters and metal heads.

Genius marketing and a lot of luck. They have been really good at creating hype and mystery about themselves, starting with the Vol 1 thing, released to a few movers and shakers on the London scene, complete mystery as to who they actually were, never playing live to keep that going (their first ever gig was not long before Mind Control was released and it was sold out six months in advance!) London is such a fashion and hype obsessed city that they just lapped it all up.

All that and great, great tunes. Maybe there are plenty of better bands at what they do, but i haven't heard them and I listen to a lot of this kind of music. They definitely have a bit of magic about them that sets them apart IMHO.

If you think that they are getting more than their fair share of attention now, wait until they have supported Black Sabbath all over Europe! I think that they are going to be a big, big band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:11 am

I don't think they're getting more than their fair share of attention. I don't play that card. I'm happy for them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:17 am

I didn't mean it in a nasty way and I agree to a point, at the moment I probably prefer Purson, Jess & the Ancient Ones, Orcus Chylde and probably Blood Ceremony and Kadavar are on a level with them but I don't think that any of these bands will 'break out' of the scene in the way that Uncle Acid will, I just think that they have a much better chance of crossing into the mainstream.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:37 am

The new album Mind Control is awesome. I think I like it better than Bloodlust and I loved that one too.

Check me if I'm wrong here, Scotty, but was this originally a one-man-band project thing that has since developed into a full band?

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The new album Mind Control is awesome. I think I like it better than Bloodlust and I loved that one too.

Check me if I'm wrong here, Scotty, but was this originally a one-man-band project thing that has since developed into a full band?
It's rumored that's true and that Vol 1 was a one guy thing, but because of the whole secret identity thing that they had going, it was never confirmed. By the time they started having pictures of the band, they were a complete functioning band. Age of Taurus were also a one man band until recently.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Just picked them up, I am addicted!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:53 pm

I got a bit burned out on Uncle Acid and haven't listened to them for a while. This new song has reminded me of how f*&king kickass they are!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:39 am

New song, eh? Does that mean a new album or ep is forthcoming?

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New song, eh? Does that mean a new album or ep is forthcoming?
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Uncle-acid-the-night-creeper

New album out early September
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Super-duper. I feel sorry for my kids. They are going to be missing some meals this fall as I try to keep up with all these new releases.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:38 pm

My pre-order of The Night Creeper arrived today (a day early!! Woo-hoo!!). First impression is that if you liked their previous efforts, you'll probably like this one too. They have a style & sound and they're sticking to that format.

It may be a tad mellower than past efforts, but it just adds to the overall somber, creepy feel. If I understand correctly, the songs are all connected to the Mason murders and the city of LA at that time. Despite the English "Bobby" on the cover.

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Their upcoming gig in Hollywood sold out almost immediately.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:39 pm

That Waiting for Blood sounds phenomenal. The solos are just wet with nasty. It's been way too long since I heard these guys. Time to dive back in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:41 pm

I've listened to these guys on Spotify before but they've never really clicked yet. Maybe this new album will strike me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 6:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
I've listened to these guys on Spotify before but they've never really clicked yet.  Maybe this new album will strike me.  

It didn't. I listened to a couple tracks and this band just doesn't trip my trigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats   Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next