Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care

Go down 
+4
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
bgast1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Empty
PostSubject: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:43 pm

Just saw on yahoo that the remaining members of Led Zeppelin are reuniting.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:07 pm

All three of them, or just Plant and Page?

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:05 pm

All I thing. With with the little Bonham
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Yahoo said all three and speculated little Bonham on the kit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:50 pm

This is just another rumor at this point. There is nothing official. Yahoo! posted a clip of UFOs the other day and they were proven years ago to be the work of a digital designer of some sort. Yahoo! is not where you want to be getting your entertainment news from. Haha.

And even if this does happen, it's just going to be a cover band. Plant can't even come close to singing like he did in Zeppelin. Give me a new Coverdale/Page album and I'll get excited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:25 pm

This is not the first time that people are talking about it I think it's true. They were talking about it on radio last day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:50 pm

There have been rumors circulating about this for a week or two now... supposedly Zeppelin have "reserved" one of the major arenas in England for a one time gig but nothing is carved in stone as of yet
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 pm

I actually heard this on the radio tonite for the first time and they mentioned a possible one night stand in London and if it was well received there, then on to a larger tour including some shows in the USA. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:51 am

Miam! Stairway To Heaven live! We want it too!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
There have been rumors circulating about this for a week or two now... supposedly Zeppelin have "reserved" one of the major arenas in England for a one time gig but nothing is carved in stone as of yet

I heard that too. One show in London, and possibly one show in New York with the 3 originals and Jason on drums.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 am

they dismissed this rumour. it would be cool tho. as long as they don't write any new stuff to taint the legacy like the who did Razz
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 am

they dismissed this rumour. it would be cool tho. as long as they don't write any new stuff to taint the legacy like the who did Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:46 pm

caniplaywithmadness?, I love your avatar. That was a great scene.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
This is just another rumor at this point. There is
nothing official. Yahoo! posted a clip of UFOs the other day and they
were proven years ago to be the work of a digital designer of some
sort. Yahoo! is not where you want to be getting your entertainment
news from. Haha.

And even if this does happen, it's just
going to be a cover band. Plant can't even come close to singing like
he did in Zeppelin. Give me a new Coverdale/Page album and I'll get
excited.
OH, so i guess next your going to tell me, Rudolph's
nose actually doesn't glow red?! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:

Agreed. They should do what Cream did back in '05. A couple of dates, wow the fans, count the money.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:06 am

Supposedly the Zeppelin guys are holding a press conference today (it might even be going on right now) to announce this one-off "reunion" show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Supposedly the Zeppelin guys are holding a press conference today (it might even be going on right now) to announce this one-off "reunion" show.

Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care SpacerSeptember 12, 2007, 10:40 AM ET
Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Spacer

Legendary rock combo Led Zeppelin is reforming, but for one night only. The British band will play a one-off show at London's 22,000-capacity O2 arena on Nov. 26 as part of a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder and chairman emeritus Ahmet Ertegun, who died last December. The band recorded for Atlantic its entire career.

The Who's Pete Townshend, former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also perform at the event. Profits will benefit the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, United Kingdom and Ertegun's homeland, Turkey.

Tickets costing £125 ($254) will be allocated on a lottery basis through the Ahmettribute.com web site.

Confirmation of the show, putting an end to several months of speculation, came at a press conference today (Sept. 13) at the O2 when the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, confirmed they would reunite onstage for just the third time in 27 years. The drummer for the evening will be Jason Bonham, son of the band's original drummer John Bonham, who died from a heart attack in 1980.

The concert will follow the release of a new Atlantic/Rhino two-disc, 24-track best-of set, "Mothership," due Nov. 13 in the United States.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:00 am

So I guess the next questions are: 1. Will they play a full set or just a few songs? And 2. How soon after the concert will there be a live dvd/cd for sale?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So I guess the next questions are: 1. Will they play a full set or just a few songs? And 2. How soon after the concert will there be a live dvd/cd for sale?

I say they play about an hour set and the dvd and live cd will be put out even quicker than the Heaven & Hell package. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:18 am

spectrefate wrote:

Paolo Nutini will also perform at the event.

Um... who??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Paolo Nutini will also perform at the event.

Um... who??

World famous skinflute player......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care   Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe old news, maybe you just don't care
Page 1 of 1