Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leather Leone and Chastain

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
mc666
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
BearOnUnicycle
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Leather Leone and Chastain Empty
PostSubject: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:33 am

... are working on a new album \'arry \'eadbanger Can't express how I like thier classic output - one of a kind. And her solo album was head crushing also. On top of that, she, after 20 years, is still able to wail putting some male vocalists to shame.

Quote :
Former CHASTAIN bandmates Leather Leone (vocals) and David T. Chastain (guitar) have been demoing new music since January in an attempt "to see if we have any magic left," the singer tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET. She adds: "And it appears we are conjuring up the spirit one more time. We are currently in the studio to start tracking." They are joined in CHASTAIN's current linup by original bassist Mike Skimmerhorn and the group's latest addition, drummer Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND, FIREWIND).

Says David: "We are trying to write and record music that is expected of us, but with some modern twists and turns.

"We demoed up 20 tracks and it was difficult to leave any of the them off the CD.

"Stian did an amazing job with the drum tracks and his performance is probably the best drumming on any CHASTAIN release to date.

"We have been in no rush as we wanted to make sure everything would live up to our past releases, but at this point we are in the home stretch."

Leviathan Records in 2010 released "The Reign of Leather", a collection of CHASTAIN tracks Leather had a hand in writing during her glory days with the band.

Commented the label: "Leather had but a brief five-year stint in the classic band but recorded some timeless gems that have withstood the test of time. True metal fans consider Leather the preeminent female heavy metal vocalist of the late '80s. These tracks were recently digitally remastered in 2010 to bring them up to today's sound quality."

Leviathan Records also reissued two of the classic CHASTAIN CDs with Leather: "The 7th of Never" and "The Voice of the Cult". Both were digitally remastered and are in their original unedited versions.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:13 am

I have two of their albums on vinyl, it has been ages since I have spun them. Very surreal to see these two reunite.

I had Leather's solo album which I ditched years ago.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Bring THAT on please.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:56 pm

That's pretty awesome news!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Will be great to hear them together again.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Very cool news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Cool! This might be good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:33 am

Nice. Looking forward to it.

It's a shame that CJSS didn't have a little more popularity. I thought that band was superior to Chastain.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I like CJSS, but prefer Chastain. I did get into CJSS first, though, which in turn, led me getting into Chastain.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Never heard of these. Listening to the two now, fricking good stuff. Going to invest in CJSS soon.

EDIT: was just looking up the CJSS material on Amazon...good thing they're only ten dollars new as they're very short albums.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:53 am

Samples (amazon). Sounds okay. Expecting "Voice of the Cult pt II" was wrong for my part.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 pm

I got the album in the mail today, and I enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:31 pm

I haven't heard Chastain in dog years. Used to have Voice of the Cult on cassette many moons ago.

I do have CJSS' 2-4-1 (combo reissue of World Gone Mad and Praise the Loud on one disc), that's some good stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:51 am

Leather Leone and Chastain Chastainwebleedmetalcover

The new CHASTAIN album "We Bleed Metal" will be released worldwide on November 6. It will be made available on CD and vinyl as well as all digital formats.

Guitarist David T. Chastain states: "This is a continuation of the 'Surrender To No One' sound with, hopefully, some improvements all the way around. Leather Leone has never sounded better and I believe this is my most shredtastic CHASTAIN lead guitar playing since 'The 7th Of Never' era." Drummer Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND) and bassist Mike Skimmerhorn return once again to complete the lineup.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Big words!  Let's hope he can back them up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leather Leone and Chastain   Leather Leone and Chastain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leather Leone and Chastain
Page 1 of 1