Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNT

Go down 
+8
Shawn Of Fire
tohostudios
80s Metal Lady
journeyman
brokentulsa
BearOnUnicycle
MetallicSeminarian
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

TNT Empty
PostSubject: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm

So, I did a search for this band and came up empty. If a thread exists, feel free to point it out to me.

Anyway, anybody a fan of these guys? I recently got "tell no tales" and "intuition" and love them both.
Back to top Go down

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Threads with less than 5 letters in the title almost never show up in search results.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
Threads with less than 5 letters in the title almost never show up in search results.

Good to know. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Knights of the new Thunder is a must, afetr that one they became a little too commercial for my tastes: too happy sounding, and I can't stand happy music.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

I am a huge fan of this band. I have been buying their stuff since the 80s. Tell No Tale is a good record. I recommend their first album called "Nights of New Thunder". Another good one is "A Farewell To Arms". Here is a sample from both..

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:46 pm

TNT's guitarist, Ronni Le Tekro, also played in a band with Jorn Lande called Vagabond...

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 pm

I really need to get "knights of the new thunder." I have a gift card for amazon. Shopping time!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Tell No Tales and Knights Of The New Thunder are good. Listened to them quite a bit back when they were new releases. I haven't heard anything from them since.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 pm

I only have Knights, Tell No Tales, & Intuition. I owned Realized Fantasies on cassette years ago but haven't heard that one in a long time. I've never heard anything after that.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 pm

I had Knights on cassette and liked it.  "Last Summer's Evil" and "Break The Ice" are my favorites off that album.

I listened to some of their other albums on Spotify and didn't like them at all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Tell No Tales is my favorite.

It may just be nostalgia but the first 3 songs on that album still sound great to me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:

It may just be nostalgia but the first 3 songs on that album still sound great to me.

Those first three songs are what made me a fan, with "as fas as the eye can see" being my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Harnell's layered vocal harmonies were fantastic. The vocals and Le Tekro's guitar playing on those first three made the group stand out a little ahead of the pack.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:41 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Those first three songs are what made me a fan, with "as fas as the eye can see" being my favorite.

Yep!  My favorite too.

Good to know it's not just my nostalgic prism that makes me love that album.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 pm

TNT is amazing!! The Harnell years, IMO, don't have a bad album. My faves are:

Tell No Tales
Intuition
My Religion

The Mills era is a little more spotty and werid, but their most recent one is the best.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 am

I didn't think about them too much until I heard My Religion. That album kicks ass!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 am

Dude, TNT were SO frikkin amazing w/ Harnell on the mic.

I love Tony Mills, but the albums he's been on w/ TNT haven't stacked up, IMO. They flow weird. It's not his fault, I just think LeTekro got too experimental with them. The last one was much better though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:10 am

So, what is the general consensus here ? Avoid the recent stuff of give it a shot ? What style is their newer material ?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 am

007 wrote:
So, what is the general consensus here ? Avoid the recent stuff of give it a shot ? What style is their newer material ?

Style is still TNT sounding, it's just that I think the guitarist took the singer change as an opportunity to insert some of his more weird vibes into the overall scope of the albums. TNT always had an odd song on the records..."Ordinary Lover", "Moonflower", etc. But it seems like on the first couple of Tony Mills records, he injected more of the odd vibe than ususal. There are good songs on each, but none of the Mills records really hit the TNT target until 'A Farewell To Arms'....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:01 am

I love TNT's sound but I always found it difficult tracking down their albums. Knights of the New Thunder was at one time pretty easy to find but now it seems is out of print and when available it goes for crazy amounts...

Tell No Tales is probably the more popular album but again even that one is not easy to find.

Not sure what gives
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 am

I had heard of these guys for years, but was not familair with them at all. I'm sure I've heard a track or 2 over the years but didn't know them from Adam.

A couple of years ago I found 2 of their discs in a Goodwill shop. One was My Religion, I forget the other. What I expected to hear and what I got were 2 different things. I thought they were grade-A shite. Just terrible. I ditched them soon afterwards.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 am

See, hearing all these conflicting opinions has me gun shy on trying out some of their newer stuff. I guess I'll just have to try and find a nice used one and see what I think of it myself. Maybe my somewhat low expectations will cause me to end up liking it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 am

007 wrote:
See, hearing all these conflicting opinions has me gun shy on trying out some of their newer stuff. I guess I'll just have to try and find a nice used one and see what I think of it myself. Maybe my somewhat low expectations will cause me to end up liking it.

Since I didn't know what to expect either, I just assumed by the name TNT that they were going to be an AC/DC-sounding band. That's what I expected to hear. What I actually got was melodic pop-rock. There is a place for that too. I'm not against wholly against that genre. I just have to be in the right frame of mind.

I had my mind set on a porterhouse steak and wound-up with peanut butter & jelly. Well, you can see my frustration.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:08 am

007 wrote:

It's high-class, glossy, melodic hard rock...big choruses, ridiculous guitar solos, and a high-range melodic singer...very catchy, driving stuff, IMO.

They're probably on Spotify and I know you can find songs on YouTube.

Go on YouTube and look up these songs:

Everyone's A Star
Tonight I'm Falling
10,000 Lovers
My Religion
Invisible Noise
Intuition

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
007 wrote:

It's high-class, glossy, melodic hard rock...big choruses, ridiculous guitar solos, and a high-range melodic singer...very catchy, driving stuff, IMO.

They're probably on Spotify and I know you can find songs on YouTube.

Go on YouTube and look up these songs:

Everyone's A Star
Tonight I'm Falling
10,000 Lovers
My Religion
Invisible Noise
Intuition

Good point. Hadn't thought about youtube. The only songs you have listed I haven't heard are My Religion and Invisible Noise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TNT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: