Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sepultura question

Go down 
+2
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Nowadays, Sepultura desperately needs to bring the classics back in the setlist. Almost every song is Roots-era or post-Cavalera era. They usually only play half a song off of Beneath the Remains and half a song off of Arise nowadays, and maybe (just maybe) Troops of Doom.

The fact that they absolutely refuse to play (almost) anything off of their classic albums is something they should be embarrased and ashamed of.

Even though I will likely never get to see them live, I would love to contact the band anyways, and demand them to bring their classics back into the setlist.

Is there a reason they play little to no material off of their classic albums these days?

If so, why? 95% of people who say they like them are referring to the glory days, and almost everyone I've talked to hates their newer stuff, so why aren't they giving their fans what they want?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Yah, I find it insulting when bands don't play the tunes they got famous for live. Even without Joey Anthrax still played some of their oldies live. Megadeth plays their old tunes live. Slayer...Metallica; same thing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:00 pm

I agree, SideShowDisaster.

It seems that by avoiding their classic albums in their live sets, in addition to releasing very poor material nowadays, Sepultura have lost relevancy in the metal world and are considered has beens. At least many metal bands who haven't released good material in years play songs off of their classic albums. Even Metallica, the biggest sellouts in metal, play more songs off of their 80s albums than their 90s albums, and on their most recent tour, didn't play anything off of St. Anger, from what I recall.

Why can't Sepultura wake up and play songs off of the albums that made them a big name in metal again?

If anyone has contact with any of the band members, tell them that they need to play more songs off of their classic albums again. And stop cutting the songs off of those albums that they do play live in half; play them in full, all the way through, from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:07 pm

The last album was really good, i don't know why people hate them so much.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:08 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Yah, I find it insulting when bands don't play the tunes they got famous for live. Even without Joey Anthrax still played some of their oldies live. Megadeth plays their old tunes live. Slayer...Metallica; same thing.

What about bands that have a Reunion, would you support Ozzy trying to sing Heaven and Hell?

(Actually, i'd like to see that. Neutral)
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

What about bands that have a Reunion, would you support Ozzy trying to sing Heaven and Hell?

(Actually, i'd like to see that. Neutral)

Well obviously not that. But when an artist is completely capable of performing (and I don't think Ozzy really is) their famous songs, I don't see why they shouldn't. It's rather insulting to fans.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 3:33 pm

I saw Sepultura last year ... and they played Troops of Doom, Arise, Beneath the Remains, Dead Embryonic Cells, Territory, etc. ; great show!
Back to top Go down

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 6:18 pm

I was a lurker, but I just HAD to register for this topic Razz

They always play their classics. And on the first half of their last tour they played only ONE Roots song actually.
They always play Arise and Troops of Doom.

For your reference, the setlist of their show in Holland in August this year, which was the same on the whole European tour:

00. Lost (intro tape) (Dante XXI)
01. Dark Wood of Error (Dante XXI)
02. Refuse/Resist (Chaos AD)
03. Convicted in Life (Dante XXI)
04. False (Dante XXI)
05. Dead Embryonic Cells (Arise)
06. Sepulnation (Nation)
07. Ostia (Dante XXI)
08. Crown & Miter (Dante XXI)
09. Desperate Cry (first half)/Escape to the Void (complete) (Arise / Schizophrenia)
10. Spit (Roots)
11. Boycott (Against)
12. Activist (Roorback)
13. Buried Words (Dante XXI)
14. Bullet the Blue Sky (U2 cover - Revolusongs)
Quiz: From the Past Comes the Storms, Screams Behind the Shadows, Mass Hypnosis, Meaningless Movements, Inner Self
15. Troops of Doom (Morbid Visions/Schizo)
16. Beneath the Remains (BtR)
17. Territory (Chaos AD)
18. Slave New World (Chaos AD)
19. Arise (Arise)
-------------
20. Kaiowas Jam (Chaos AD)
21. Biotech is Godzilla (Chaos AD)
22. Come Back Alive (Roorback)
23. Roots Bloody Roots (Roots)

So the only song played incomplete was Desperate Cry.
10,5 songs from albums 'till Chaos, 2 from Roots, 10 from after Roots and one cover.

So all in all, you just got bad info Razz They always play Troops, always play Arise complete, and lately way more..

Back to lurking..
Back to top Go down

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 1:30 am

And let's not be foolish here, Chaos A.D. and Roots are the album that made this band famous. Being famous in the underground is not really famous, you know. Haha.

Anyone here ever check out the last Soulfly album? It's closer to early Sepultura than anything Sepultura has done since then. Case in point:

FRONTLINES
CARVED IN STONE

:metal:
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 1:47 am

i agree, the last Soulfly album was the sh*t. Dark Ages was more Sepultura than Sepultura has been in a while.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:32 am

Welcome RegnumIrae. And stop lurking! Seems to me you have a lot to contribute with here!

Sepultura question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura question   Sepultura question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepultura question
Page 1 of 1