Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?

Go down 
+3
Orion Crystal Ice
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:49 am

So, broad question I guess. I never really cared much about Jimi Hendrix. I heard the main radio tunes way too much, to where I was just numb to whether they were good or not, so I never looked beyond them.

A friend recently let me listen to a live a bootleg called "Electric Church". And I got into it.

So I wanted to put together a little home made comp of some of his heaviest, fuzzed out tracks. Just looking for a place to start, from others who are better versed in Hendrix beyond "Purple Haze", "Foxey Lady", and the songs he covered.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:54 am

My favorite Hendrix song.....

My 2nd favorite Hendrix song....

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:10 pm

I like that one song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Going by the "greatest hits" you aren't even barely scratching the surface of what Hendrix was all about. I'll try to put together a list later but it will be a L-O-N-G one....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:07 pm

'Hear My Train A-Comin''

'Machine Gun'

'The Power of Soul'

I could go on and on and on and....
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Two that I love

This was one of the hits but I still think it is a true gem that never gets the love it deserves

When I was in college I had a brief spell as a writing major. In one of the classes we were doing critique session on a classmate's story. In it he had a soundtrack cue being Foxy Lady for a scene with somebody riding across the desert on a motorcycle. I never tore into people the way others would and actually got down-graded for my lack of willingness to trash people's work. Anyway I graciously suggested that I loved the use of Hendrix but maybe it needed one of his lesser known tunes. You would have thought I laid the story down and peed on it based on the other's reactions. It was my most surreal classroom experience by far. Calling people untalented and a waste of paper was fine, suggesting lesser known Hendrix apparently wasn't. I always think of that when unheralded Hendrix tunes get brought up.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 pm

This is one of my favorite Hendrix jams...

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?   Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite lesser known, fuzzed out Hendrix tunes?
Page 1 of 1