Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?

Go down 
+8
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Joe
Alex Dee Rokket
choosemetal
ultmetal
mc666
krokus
12 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Empty
PostSubject: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:21 pm

I am a big fan of this band since the late 90s. They released many cool thrash/death albums. I am going to see them live in Spain soon and just like to know if their are any other metal maniacs on this forum into this great australian band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm

I like them a lot. I've never seen them live or anything, but I have most of their albums.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:57 pm

I never got into this band. I just never really heard their music. Being the classic metal fanatic I am, I am not sure why that is the case.

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I never got into this band. I just never really heard their music. Being the classic metal fanatic I am, I am not sure why that is the case.

I'm kinda with you on that one. I started to listen to them but the lyrics kinda turned me off to them.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Yes of course I love D666.

Both Phoenix Rising and Cold Steel are amazing blackened/thrash/death metal albums.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 pm

They are one my favorites. I was slightly disappointed with Defiance, but I have liked everything else they have done.

Unchain the Wolves is probably my favorite, but Phoenix Rising comes close. I miss the epic feel from UTW, but I like the direction they went.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen them live. The last time Destruction rolled through here, Destroyer 666 was supposed to open for them. That would have been a fun show, but KK had to have knee surgery, and so they bowed out.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:23 am

Great others like this band too. Super!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 am

Great band! Big fan here!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:31 pm

From what I've heard (Pheonix Rising), they are a pretty dern good band.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Yes of course I love D666.

Both Phoenix Rising and Cold Steel are amazing blackened/thrash/death metal albums.

Sorry, I have to derail the thread real quick. Alex, I need you to allow PMs so I can contact you about those CDs for sale. Either that or PM me an email address.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:54 pm

I just got a CD by them called "The Devils due" it's a collection of all the 7's they released. I actually got if for free. It's pretty good overall.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Long time fan here! Always have liked them!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Not a maniac fan, but a fan nonetheless. Great band.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Haven't really explored their discography, outside their debut "Unleash the Wolves," which is a blackened thrash masterpiece.

Sadly, most are too turned off by the ridiculous band name to give them a chance.

LET THE DEMON SPEAK!

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Not a maniac fan, but I certainly am a fan nevertheless. Am wanting to buy their most recent album Defiance from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:38 pm

I haven't listened to them in a while, but I used to really like them. I had a few CDs, but Phoenix Rising was the one in particular I clung to.

In the earlier part of the 2000s, they were one of the most hyped bands on the Ultimate Metal forums, which is how I got turned onto them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:53 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I haven't listened to them in a while, but I used to really like them. I had a few CDs, but Phoenix Rising was the one in particular I clung to.

That's the one I have. Some good blackened thrash, though I'm not real big on their lyrical themes (you know, Satan and all that).
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I can do the Satanic lyrics as long as they're not cliche and lack any sort of thought. Unfortunately, that's a majority of blackened death metal, death metal, or any band that takes that sort of route. No band seems to find a creative route to the Satanic lyrical approach. Some do, but most pick at the low-hanging fruit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?   DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DESTROYER 666. Any maniac fan of the band on this forum?
Page 1 of 1