Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shoegaze

Go down 
+5
TheGreatDuck
Wurthless
Addy
jstate
Boris2008
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 5:15 am

I liked that !!!!!

www.sombrance.com and take a listen to Wasting Away, Jimmy Brown of Deliverance plays bass in this song and sings bgvs and one of the covers on the latest D album is from Sombrance. Sombrance is cool too cuz its my friends band Smile

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 am

Although they're not pure shoegaze, I think a lot of you guys would enjoy A Place to Bury Strangers. Their second album, Exploding Head, is probably one of my favorite records of the last few years.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Can't say I disagree with any of their picks (outside of the later day stuff I'm not familiar with and my general feeling that MBV is a tad over-rated).  Never really considered Kitchens Of Distinction to be shoegaze but I guess they'd fit.  The Death Of Cool is a desert island disc for me.
http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2014/03/pst/the-20-best-shoegaze-albums.html
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Yay Novella are back!  Very Happy

I realise that may not thrill anyone as much as me but i really dig this lot so their debut album coming out is great news. To me this kind of stuff is more 'retro' than the '70s inspired stuff as it sounds like the kind of thing that I would have really dug in my late teens.

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm

I'm going to see Swervedriver at the Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles on March 5. They got a new album coming out the day before. Looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:21 am

Forgot to post these, but here are a few videos I took of Swervedriver at The Roxy last week:

Girl On A Motorbike

These Times

Duel

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:30 am

And since the purpose of this thread was to discover new bands of the shoegaze style, here's the band that is opening for Swervedriver: Gateway Drugs

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm not sure that Sylvaine is 100% shoegaze but close enough. This is the first song from her new album and as ever I like it a lot (although I seem to be a minority in this respect which is a shame)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Really looking forward to the new Slowdive record now

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoegaze - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoegaze   Shoegaze - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoegaze
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2