Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I remember when I used to never buy new releases...

Go down 
+5
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
ultmetal
jettafiend
ZombieHavoc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Empty
PostSubject: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:30 am

Like from the late 90s through the 2000something. Maybe some new power metal releases in the first part of the 21st century.

But the past couple years, metal and rn'r have really kicked it up a ton of notches.

In 2013, we have seen or will see albums/EPs from new and old bands alike:

Black Sabbath, Amon Amarth, Suicidal Tendencies, Tom Keifer, Hatchet, Orchid, Kadavar, Ghost, Gama Bomb, Jorn, Evile, Megadeth, White Wizzard, Anvil, Udo, Anthrax, Sodom, Hatriot, Skid Row, Newsted, Stratovarius, Hellowee, Gamma Ray, Warbeast, Vicious Rumours, De La Cruz, Crashdiet, Satan, Havok, Lost Society, Iron Reagan, FKU, Suffocation, Pretty Maids, Krokus, Voivod, Airborne, W.E.T.

And probably a ton others that I forgot, have not heard about yet, or have not yet been announced. That's a ton more than I've ever been interested in in a single year in a long time. Not that I will get to buying all of these, because that would be expensive. But I have interest in all to some extent or another.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:34 am

Stryper later this summer or early fall, they are just finishing the mastering and mixing on the new album.

Theocracy is remixing and remastering their first album with a re-recording the drums in the live instead of using a drum program. According to Matt Smith

And according to blurbs on FB from Shawn Browning (AKA Wretched), Grave Robber is in the studio as well. I remember when I used to never buy new releases... 25679
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Lots of new releases this year that I want. Good list. I'll add to that list Saxon, Coheed & Cambria, Sevendust, Destroyer, Flotsam & Jetsam, Six Feet Under, Anthrax, Pÿlon, Rusted Brain, Evile, Possessor, Deep Purple, among others.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:28 am

I'm really interested in the new deep purple.
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:41 pm

It's been a good year so far. The ones that I'm most excited about right now are Extol and Havok.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:55 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I'm really interested in the new deep purple.

It is an excellent album
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Hang on!

This thread is about great or eagerly awaited metal records of 2013 and no-one has mentioned Queensryche yet!

No-one!!

Not even thejokeriv!!!

This is HOM right? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Hang on!

This thread is about great or eagerly awaited metal records of 2013 and no-one has mentioned Queensryche yet!

No-one!!

Not even thejokeriv!!!

This is HOM right? Laughing very hard

Well, you mentioned it! Plus, we have a Queesnryche thread and a Tateryche thread and the samples/new tracks have been well discussed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Probably not in the market for much metal this year (aside from the new Black Sabbath), but I am looking forward to this 2-CD live set upcoming from High On Fire in June.

I remember when I used to never buy new releases... High11

Love High On Fire, love Live albums.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm

I thought 2012 was a great year for metal but 2013 seems stronger. So much great metal out and coming out!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 am

2013 is great so far. Already got helloween and saxon among others.

Still need to buy deep purple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I remember when I used to never buy new releases...   I remember when I used to never buy new releases... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I remember when I used to never buy new releases...
Page 1 of 1