Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band

Go down 
+5
journeyman
James B.
metalken
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Empty
PostSubject: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:02 am

With a sound straight out of the late 70's/early 80's NWOBHM movement, High Spirits would have fit right in with early Def Leppard, Diamond Head, etc. Twin guitar leads, melodic vocals, sweet harmonies. The Chicago band features members (past or present) of Zuul, Dawnbringer, Pharaoh among others.

They have 3 releases out so far, High Spirits (2009) which is a collection of demos and Another Night (2011) and a new 6 song ep of demos High Spirits 2013. As of now, that one is a digital-only download, no cd.

Despite the first cd being labeled as demo recordings, they sound great. If anything, the raw, unpolished recordings help them. Another Night follows in the same classic NWOBHM sound.

Encylopedia Metallum lists them as still being active and their new ep is available on bandcamp.

http://highspiritsmetal.bandcamp.com/

FYI...This is how you properly inquire about a new band, wankers. You know who you are. Brief description, sound samples. Just asking "Hey anyone like [Band X]?" doesn't do dick for anyone. Wink

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:48 pm

God, you're a dick.

Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:07 pm

As my beloved grandmom used to say "Dicks get things done." Bless her filthy soul.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:26 pm

This band is fantastic. Have had the first two for some time now, and play them a lot.
Check out the couple of live vids from KIT this year on youtube. Band really has their chops.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:57 pm

I can dig on some of this, thanks MG

.....and you have the same attitude as me regarding bringing up bands in threads cool

For those who need some edu-me-cation on how to properly post video clips in a thread.....see below

Step 1) Go to YouTube (or other video share site) and choose clip(s) by band you wanna sling "blind fanatacism", "thumbs up", and/or 'sheer adulation" for, This is done by "highlighting" URL address from top of page, right clicking then choosing "save" from options given.

Step 2) If you are making a new topic then you can use the "celluloid/film" icon to insert/paste the URL of desired video gotten from YouTube (or other video share site)
Clicking icon will give you a box to "paste" said URL into.

Step 3)click in space where you have given info about band, below where test is already present. Click "OK" below box with video URL and the link will appear in post. Before sending post to board, click "preview", and the link you posted of clip should appear as a nifty lil TV thing ,if you did the process correctly.

NOTE: If you are responding to another post in a thread and wish to add a video for yourself to stimulate dialouge or share a tune you dig on better by same or similar band......do not use the box at bottom of thread. Instead click on "post reply" button on top right of page beside the "new topic" button. This will give you the same full acess of options for your post as received in "new topic". Notice that the box at the bottom of each thread given for responses has alot less options as to what you can do with your post.

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:13 pm

and when quoting a post with a video it is NOT necessary to copy the video in every single reply. Very simple to edit the link out when replying.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Wow. This sounds so darn familiar, yet I've never heard the band. I liked it and ordered both cd's. thanks for bringing this band up. Never would have guessed these weren't released in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 am

Their latest release High Spirits - 2013 was originally only available as a digital download. It's now available on cd for those interested. I got mine on ebay for $8.

It's a 6 song ep of demos for their next album, but the sound quality is excellent.

Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Dude!, I was going to start a thread for this band the other day but got sidetracked. Huge,huge fan here. I'm ordering up that ep when I get paid for sure.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:29 pm

cruedevil71 wrote:
Dude!, I was going to start a thread for this band the other day but got sidetracked. Huge,huge fan here. I'm ordering up that ep when I get paid for sure.
You have good taste, sir. Unlike some of the other Neanderthals around here.

Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
cruedevil71 wrote:
You have good taste, sir. Unlike some of the other Neanderthals around here.
Laughing So I've noticed. You and about 5 or so other cats around here have similar tastes. One of the reasons I'm sticking around. They kind of remind me of 80's Scorps for some reason, like "Big City Nights" era. I don't know why,maybe due to the 2011 release title I guess. They just have class and don't come off as lame, like 90% of the new NWOBHM wannabes.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:04 pm

They are part of the global NWOTHM today like AXXION, SIGN OF THE JACKAL, IRON CURTAIN (all with new releases out just now, on vinyls and cd), STRIKER etc... I like HIGH SPIRITS a lot. I have their first album on TAPE and their demos rereleased on one cd. Cool band that have a future for shore in traditional heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:17 pm

krokus wrote:
They are part of the global NWOTHM today like AXXION, SIGN OF THE JACKAL, IRON CURTAIN (all with new releases out just now, on vinyls and cd), STRIKER etc... I like HIGH SPIRITS a lot. I have their first album on TAPE and their demos rereleased on one cd. Cool band that have a future for shore in traditional heavy metal.
How can I get that demo disc??
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Here a found on ebay a new release with demos by HIGH SPIRITS on cd (i dont have this one):
http://www.ebay.es/itm/High-Spirits-2013-CD-Demos-Chris-Black-Superchrist-Dawnbringer-Digipak-NEW-/310759581625?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item485ab6e7b9
And this is the one i have with older demos:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/High-Spirits-S-T-ST-Self-Titled-Same-CD-2009-Chris-Black-Superchrist-Digipak-NEW-/310392155447?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item4844d06d37
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 pm

krokus wrote:
Here a found on ebay a new release with demos by HIGH SPIRITS on cd (i dont have this one):
http://www.ebay.es/itm/High-Spirits-2013-CD-Demos-Chris-Black-Superchrist-Dawnbringer-Digipak-NEW-/310759581625?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item485ab6e7b9
And this is the one i have with older demos:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/High-Spirits-S-T-ST-Self-Titled-Same-CD-2009-Chris-Black-Superchrist-Digipak-NEW-/310392155447?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item4844d06d37
Tight work brother!
Thanx
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:49 pm

I got mine from this guy...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/mpipus/m.html?item=111189009944&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

He's got all 3 of their releases pretty cheap, along with some other good bands, like Zuul.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Or get it from Chris Black himself... https://www.facebook.com/notes/planet-metal/mailorder-list-updated-10413/114166081967523
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

It's possible that Chris Black/Planet Metal is also ebay seller mpipus. Or they are somehow connected. They have allot of the same items and are based out of a Chicgo subburb. I got the first 2 High Spirits discs (and a few others) from Planet Metal directly.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm

New album coming Sept. 16th...

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band 576842

1. Up and Overture
2. Flying High
3. This Is the Night
4. Reach for the Glory
5. Do You Wanna Be Famous
6. Haunted by Love
7. Down the Endless Road
8. Take Me Home
9. Thank You

Haven't heard any samples or songs yet, but if they are the of the same quality as past releases, count me in!!

EDIT: 30 sec. sound clips here...
https://www.amazon.com/Motivator-High-Spirits/dp/B01HGB631U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1470251101&sr=8-8&keywords=motivator

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New album coming Sept. 16th...

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band 576842

1. Up and Overture
2. Flying High
3. This Is the Night
4. Reach for the Glory
5. Do You Wanna Be Famous
6. Haunted by Love
7. Down the Endless Road
8. Take Me Home
9. Thank You

Haven't heard any samples or songs yet, but if they are the of the same quality as past releases, count me in!!

EDIT: 30 sec. sound clips here...
https://www.amazon.com/Motivator-High-Spirits/dp/B01HGB631U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1470251101&sr=8-8&keywords=motivator

I'll be picking this up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Thanks for posting.
I am ordering another night cd tomorrow morning.
Hope the new one will be good as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Bump for new album coming in July...

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band 849099

1. Since You've Been Gone
2. Restless
3. Face to Face
4. Hearts Will Burn
5. Voice in the Wind
6. All Night Long
7. Midnight Sun
8. Now I Know
9. We Are Everywhere

Can't seem to find any samples or singles yet, but as long as they stick to their previous formula, I'm in. I only hope that they haven't fallen into the current trend of adding synths and slick production to give it a retro-80's sound. I hate that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for new album coming in July...

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band 849099

1. Since You've Been Gone
2. Restless
3. Face to Face
4. Hearts Will Burn
5. Voice in the Wind
6. All Night Long
7. Midnight Sun
8. Now I Know
9. We Are Everywhere

Can't seem to find any samples or singles yet, but as long as they stick to their previous formula, I'm in. I only hope that they haven't fallen into the current trend of adding synths and slick production to give it a retro-80's sound. I hate that.

To my wants list it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band   High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Spirits - NWOBHM-Sounding Band
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: