Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KROKUS GOES PLATINUM

Go down 
+6
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
James B.
exact33
brokentulsa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Empty
PostSubject: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:23 pm

"DIRTY DYNAMITE" GOES PLATINUM

Right before the first concert of our sold out "Closer Contact Doeg Tour" our record label Sony Music presented us with gold and platinum record awards.

Swiss boulevard paper "Blick" reports in today's edition: For almost 40 years they have been in the charts with every one of their releases. During the presentation the band's founder, producer and bassist Chris Von Rohr points out: "We worked extremely hard on this album and gave it our all. Bottom line, it was worth it". And vocalist Marc Storace adds: "It's an incredible feeling after so many decades to still be on top of the Swiss music scene".

During the bands long spanning career they have sold over 14 million albums worldwide. All concerts of their current tour are sold out. Chris Von Rohr adds: "We would like to thank all of our fans from the bottom of our hearts for their continuous support over the years. We never had so much fun as a band with this album than any other and we will rock (for you) till the very end".
KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Image__w_420__h_0
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:37 pm

nice! It is a very good cd.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm

I like the cd too

But.....if you live in Switzerland and both your sisters and 7 cousins buy your cd. It is a platinum seller Laughing very hard

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Oh, mean. KROKUS GOES PLATINUM 591800
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Quote :
But.....if you live in Switzerland and both your sisters and 7 cousins buy your cd. It is a platinum seller

Yeah, I was gonna say... how many records do you have to sell in Switzerland to go platinum? Five hundred? A thousand? Laughing very hard

But seriously... good on'em, I guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Platinum is over 20,000 albums there.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Where I live, in Canada, it's 40,000 for gold and 80,000 for platinum. It used to be 50,000 and 100,000, but due to online issues, they reduced it in recent years.

I feel that digital copies of the album and physical copies should count for certification.

Going by the U.S. numbers, if an album sells 400,000 physical copies and 200,000 digital copies, it should be certified gold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:52 am

Haha, yeah, they made the announcement at their gig. Getting platinum over here is nice, but nothing unexpected. Established bands like Krokus and Gotthard always get their market share here. I'm rather curious how it's selling abroad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:34 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Platinum is over 20,000 albums there.
They signed an exclusive deal with the Toblerone people. Everyone gets a free album with every chocolate bar purchased, so those figures might be skewed just a hair.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm

That's cool that Krokus is doing well. They've been at it long enough. They are legends IMO.

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS GOES PLATINUM   KROKUS GOES PLATINUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KROKUS GOES PLATINUM
Page 1 of 1