Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EBay Xperiment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 3:02 pm

I did an experiment. I was curious after reading posts here concerning "people with more money than brains" on EBay. I personally have proof of this phenomenon. I sold the Sword - Metalized CD I bought this weekend for $9.00 at my local store for $30.00 on EBay. I also sold my Ratt EP (which I never listened to) that I also bought at the same store last year for $6.99 for $30.00 as well. That's $5.00 a song!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSAA:US:11&item=140154808902

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSAA:US:11&item=140154838433

Some may think it's sacrilege to sell these CDs, but hey, easy come easy go. Smile (Especially if you have an extra copy of "Human Sacrifice" laying around, right? Anyone have one???)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Nice profit!
Back to top Go down

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 pm

Supply and demand. I found a mint copy of Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited in a pawn shop in Arkansas for $6.00. Mint! Apparently country fans don't care about or know the value of Metallica's rare EP. Supply and demand.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:33 pm

That's it...I have had a few copies of the same out of print cds and on time I'll list it and it'll go for mad money....next run I'll list another copy and it won't sell at all....Ebay is fickle that way.

I have had similar experieces as a buyer as well....Patience is a virtue.

Smile

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
(Especially if you have an extra copy of "Human Sacrifice" laying around, right? Anyone have one???)

I do.
Back to top Go down

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:43 pm

AchrisK wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
(Especially if you have an extra copy of "Human Sacrifice" laying around, right? Anyone have one???)

I do.

Willing to trade it?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:
AchrisK wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I do.

Willing to trade it?

Yes
Back to top Go down

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Supply and demand. I found a mint copy of Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited in a pawn shop in Arkansas for $6.00. Mint! Apparently country fans don't care about or know the value of Metallica's rare EP. Supply and demand.

I got my garage days EP for $2 this past summer, does it still go for much on ebay now that all the music is available on that 2 disc Garage Inc. that came out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EBay Xperiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Xperiment   EBay Xperiment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBay Xperiment
Page 1 of 1