Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Empty
PostSubject: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Anyone like / heard these guys?

I bought 3 of their 80s albums earlier this year and they really kick a$$. Despite the band's cookie name, they sound quite unique for their time. Hard to really describe their sound, they don't really sound like any band of their time. That's my opinion at least. Pity they had a silly name, they could have become better known.

Really worth looking into S.D.I.

I found their stuff directly from a distro on ebay (I will need to dig out the link).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12764

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm

I guess it's way too much to ask for folks to go, "hey anyone heard/like these guys" and then post some samples/clips surprised

I don't have any issue with their music (limited to the few clips watched tonight) but I can't agree with the original post calling them unique, Guess that comes from age and location of the poster I know it's just opinion and mine is no more valid than anyone else. headbanger

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Yeah I really like them, although I prefer this album.

As I've said in another thread, so many great German bands in the 80's
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

if that was the first clip I heard when scoping out the band on YouTube earlier this evening, I'd a quit right there. That song is lame divided by :cheese: and equals sign

yet if you dig on it, that's all that matters

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 pm

James B. wrote:

yet if you dig on it, that's all that matters

How true.

What you should remember about the German thrash bands was that they were all very very young and a lot of them couldn't really play very well (unlike the Californian bands) but they had amazing energy and enthusiasm that a fifteen year old me loved, Endless Pain is still my favorite Kreator record and that was a massive Exodus rip off. Deathrow got to be pretty accomplished but Satan's Gift is still top off the pile in my book.

And yes it's cheesy, it's mid Eighties thrash!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:09 pm

James B. wrote:
I guess it's way too much to ask for folks to go, "hey anyone heard/like these guys" and then post some samples/clips :huh:

I don't have any issue with their music (limited to the few clips watched tonight) but I can't agree with the original post calling them unique, Guess that comes from age and location of the poster I know it's just opinion and mine is no more valid than anyone else. :headbanger:

Sorry I didn't have enough time to post youtube clips when I posted this thread. That was going to be my next step but you beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Sorry I didn't have enough time to post youtube clips when I posted this thread. That was going to be my next step but you beat me to it.

I was making a point and didn't mean to sound so harsh.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:22 am

S.D.I. were really cult back in the day in my neck of the woods. The original "mega-MOSH" metal band. There wasn't a party without the high-school hit "I wanna F@ck You" being played ad-nauseum... ah, the innocent pimple-infested joy of being in 8th grade, haha.

Regardless of the infantile moniker and lyrics, first two albums are a must for every self-respecting speed metal fan.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 1:07 pm

This band is insane, the exact kind of razor-sharp thrash I've enjoyed since I was 14. Where have they been all my life? headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)   Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Satan's Defloration Incorporated (80s thrash/speed)
Page 1 of 1