Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little help, please....

Go down 
+5
Leatherface
journeyman
James B.
tohostudios
SpectreFate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

A little help, please.... Empty
PostSubject: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Exactly what the F*ck is a Three Lock Box?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 pm

I have no idea but knowing Sammy's lyrical proclivities I'm sure there's a sexual double entendre in there somewhere.

Great song though.

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

It's Hagar, which means the lyrics make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm assuming it's a box that contains something so important that only 3 locks will do...

Although I always figured he was talking about an ultra-secure chastity belt. Very Happy

This is after all the same dude who wrote...

"Red! Red! I want red.
There's no substitute for red.
Red! Paint it red!
Green ain't mean compared to red!"

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
It's Hagar, which means the lyrics make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm assuming it's a box that contains something so important that only 3 locks will do...

Although I always figured he was talking about an ultra-secure chastity belt. Very Happy

That's where my mind always goes with this song. Not sure if it's his or her's though.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:58 pm

The year he came to San Berdoo (right nextdoor to his hometown of Fontana, Calif) for the Three Lock Box Tour, sammy's own words from the stage were that it was slang for a woman's mouth as she used it for a certain purpose. Then like recently on TMS, Sammy tells the Tres Pyaso's that the song is about royal treasure chests on old Galleons and the need for three seperate keys being needed to open them or whatever ?

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Me too, I always wondered the same thing. I just assumed it had something to do with s3x.

I've had a hard time following Sammy's lyrics. The only song I can think of off the top of my head that makes no sense, but has a cool chorus is There's only one way to rock. Still don't know which way that is, but anyway. When he was in Van Halen I got the impression from some of his lyrics that he had some kind of conflict with the Catholic church, which seemed kind of strange. How about that song Marching to Mars. I think he was toking a tad much when he penned that one.

The thing about Sammy is, I like his music, but can hardly sit through his songs. I make it about half way and skip to the next and do that for the whole album. The songs start out strong and looses my interest rather quickly. I do like his music. My take on it is that he has good ideas that need to be pulled together instead of just going with that idea and stretching it for three and a half minutes.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Well, this what Wikipedia had to say...

The lyrics to the title track are commonly accepted[by whom?] as sexual innuendo. However, Hagar has presented a story with a much more philosophical bent: "It's got to do with deep sea diving, when you look for a buried treasure. The ultimate treasure would be a sunken treasure with three locks on it, because that means it was the most valuable stuff that the queen had on that ship. And you need three different guys with keys to open it, that way no one could steal it. So a 'Three Lock Box' to me is within yourself. If you unlock the treasure of your physical, and your mental and your spiritual potential - those three in balance - you are a real human being and almost godly." [1]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

Leatherface wrote:
So a 'Three Lock Box' to me is within yourself. If you unlock the treasure of your physical, and your mental and your spiritual potential [1]

^^^way back in like 82 or 83 I read in some magazine (Creem maybe?) that this was what Sammy said about the "new album". He has likely lightened it up these days (to fit his care free party attitude) to mean the innuendo people now speak of.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:05 am

I think it's something you need a "Standing Hampton" to unlock
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:12 am

Wiki:

Quote :
The lyrics to the title track are commonly accepted[by whom?] as sexual innuendo. However, Hagar has presented a story with a much more philosophical bent: "It's got to do with deep sea diving, when you look for a buried treasure. The ultimate treasure would be a sunken treasure with three locks on it, because that means it was the most valuable stuff that the queen had on that ship. And you need three different guys with keys to open it, that way no one could steal it. So a 'Three Lock Box' to me is within yourself. If you unlock the treasure of your physical, and your mental and your spiritual potential - those three in balance - you are a real human being and almost godly." [1]

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 pm

It must run in the family, after all, his cousin Ken Tamplin sang about something called a "radio bikini":

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little help, please....   A little help, please.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little help, please....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: