Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gloryhammer

Go down 
+14
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
stormspell
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
kmorg
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
EmoElmo
James B.
Spiner202
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Gloryhammer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Great album!

It's 100% cheesy fun. It don't care if a band is serious or tongue-in-cheek, I love this kind of music, and these guys do it well.

Unicorn Invasion!
Gotta agree. I love this album, and while it is cheesy, at least lyrically, nothing comes off goofy or spoofy.

Either way, it's a hell of a good album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm getting my fill of this style from Orden Ogan. I like it but it's not a rush to get album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Not bad. Reminds me of 1990's era power metal.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks to whoever bumped this up. It's back on my radar. I listened to some samples on Amazon and I like it but I'm gonna wait to see if the price comes down after a while.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:05 am

Toho - I got it from Importcds - where I get most of my stuff these days.

http://www.importcds.com/music/2571320/gloryhammer-tales-from-the-kingdom-of-fife

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:14 pm

I've been avoiding this thread a bit because I was sure that I'd hate this band, but what they do, they do pretty well. I'd have to be really in the mood for some OTT power metal to listen to this though and on those rare occasions, would probably find myself listening to Gamma Ray instead.

I dolike the fact that the singer looks like a trainee accountant going to a fancy dress party though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:54 am

These guys were damn funny and entertaining on the 70k Cruise this year. Heres a video of one song of their 1st performance at 4:00 AM on the Pool Deck stage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch89d6npEys
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Anyone up for Magic the Hammering? Wink

Gloryhammer - Page 2 1654213_488496151186861_1436735257_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 6:13 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm getting my fill of this style from Orden Ogan. I like it but it's not a rush to get album.

OO is actually a pretty good band, and much less cheesy than GH.
Seen both live at Masters of Rock recently. OO were really good, but unfortunately, my legs hurt so hard by the time they came on, so I had to watch most of the show sitting from afar.

GH, OTOH...Well, the singer is really good, and they do have some good moments, but all in all...Meh. A pretty boring and uninteresting band. Too bad the genre seems to be overtaken by bands like this.
But they came on after a crappy nu metal act, so at least they were an improvement over that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gloryhammer   Gloryhammer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gloryhammer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2