Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues

Go down 
+5
jstate
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
stormspell
Alex Dee Rokket
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Empty
PostSubject: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:13 am

I recently purchased all the U.D.O. albums that AFM has re-issued and I thought I would share the spine photo:

U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Udo10

The albums pictured above are:

Animal House
Mean Machine
Faceless World
Timebomb
Solid
No Limits
Holy
Man and Machine

I believe AFM is planning to re-issue 2 further UDO albums (a rarities and a live album) which will complete the spine image and spell "anniversary edition".

The reissues come with the original artwork in a silver canvass similar to the Priest re-issues and each album contains bonus tracks consisting of b-sides and live tracks.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:16 am

Here are mine. Although I only got the albums I really care for (first 4):

U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Udo10_zps240d7b66
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 am

Hahaha Thats a little scary to look at on your cd shelf. I got all the originals and im not the biggest UDO fan so I will skip on these. Are there bonus tracks?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 am

since I own everything else, including the bonus track compilation, I will pass on this. Looks cool though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 am

Does the bonus track comp cover everything that is on these?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:59 pm

From those I saw in Newbury Comics, most of the bonus tracks are live—which makes them pretty pointless.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 pm

jstate wrote:
Does the bonus track comp cover everything that is on these?

The compilation includes every bonus track from U.D.O up to that point. But if the reissues have live bonus tracks, they might not be the same as on the comp.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Basically the main reason I bought these is because the original pressings of those albums (released via Gun/Noise?) are out of print and thus can no longer be found for a decent price.

So the re-issues were the next best thing to owning the older U.D.O albums

I'm not too fussed about the bonus tracks - if there happens to be something good that's a "bonus" if not then much like the many re-issues out there, I can just simply skip the bonus tracks altogether. Live material does not thrill me too much unless it is something really worthwhile - the Rage re-issues from the early 00s had some very cool live tracks but I find that to be an exception as generally most live bonus tracks tend to be kinda crappy
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 pm

I bought those as I really want to replace the "Faceless World" digipack I own and I figured it would be better to replace all 4. I'm yet to decide if I'm going to do so as I'm not really impressed with those re-releases.

As mentioned already the bonus tracks are live cuts and video clips, which are rather pointless. This is okay with me as I knew what they are prior to purchasing. My disappointment comes from the fact the booklets are basic 8-pagers with nothing inside but lyrics - NO liner notes, NO archive photos, NOTHING. There were/are so many great musicians involved with that band, one would hope at least one could have spent couple of hours and written down some interesting liner notes...

Anyhow, I need to find the time to sit down and compare how the sound is, and then will decide if I'm going to keep those or not. It looks like AFM just cashed in and re-pressed the old albums with minimal detail to the packaging, so I doubt a proper remastering was on the agenda either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:53 am

The two albums still missing from my UDO collection are Animal House and Mean Machine.

Already ordered the first one, but the second is a bit expensive, so i'd rather wait.

Are these available in Canada? If so, i'll ask my brother to do the purchase.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:28 am

I only own two UDO albums, one is 'Animal House' that I own on vinyl, and it has been years since I have been able to play it, and the other is 'Mean Machine' on CD on the original MCA label. I would not mind owning the rest of his solo discography but not high priority on my music list at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 am

I own the original versions of most of those (except for Solid,No Limits, and Man & Machine) so whichever of those remaining I can find cheapest (reissue or not),I'll get. The reissues don't seem too essential since the bonus stuff on them doesn't interest me in the least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues   U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.D.O. - Anniversary Edition Reissues
Page 1 of 1