Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Empty
PostSubject: Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away   Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am

Do you remember the band Mystic Force? One of the better USPM/prog bands that gave us the underground classic "Shipwrecked With the Wicked" and other quality material. RIP

MYSTIC-FORCE news [from band's facebook]
Official Press Release: March 11, 2013

A very sad week in the MYSTIC-FORCE family with the sudden tragic loss of former vocalist - Bobby Hicks who past away in Virginia on Tues., March 5th. The reported cause of death was an internal infection due to liver failure. Bobby was diagnosed a few months prior and was told he had less then a year, however the progression of his illness took him much sooner then expected. Born on August 29th, 1960, he was at the age of 52 upon his passing. Much too young for anyone, the music world has lost another Vocal God!!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away   Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm

That's a bummer. I met a couple of members of this band at a Crimson Glory show in NYC many years ago, very cool dudes. Not sure if this is one of the guys I met, but even if he wasn't, R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away   Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:10 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away   Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:24 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away   Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:16 pm

I saw Mystic Force play a backyard party back in the 80's. I think it was a birthday present for a friend. A bunch of us kids just hanging out listening to this great band put on a killer show in this unique setting. One of my most memorable music memories. I would've bet every dollar I had on them breaking big. So sad when your local heroes die way before their time. RIP.

I'll also say that their albums are completely worth the collectors prices they go for. Shipwrecked is the most I've ever spent on a single record and I still consider that I got a bargain for my listening experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away   Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobby Hicks of Mystic Force passes away
Page 1 of 1