Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CELTIC FROST fans sound off

Go down 
+13
Leatherface
Lurideath
manny
A Handful of Wayne
sam
SAHB Healer
Invader
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
novellahub
mc666
krokus
TrogDawn
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:25 pm

It was strange for me I guess ? Had heard the name here and there for a while and never checked em out. Went at the last minute to a show during Cold Lake era and was digging the music, they were opener on a three band thing. 4 or 5 tunes... that was it. Picked up Cold Lake a day or two later and gave the cassette some time in the Super Tuner...to and from work. Years go by and I come across an old friend who had gotten saved and was tossing out some music. Did the ol' dig through the trash can in the house before it went outside and come up on my first exposure to the "other" Celtic Frost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 am

Frost is one of those bands whose music hasn't aged in the slightest...Morbid Tales sounds just as inspired now as it did in 1984. EASILY one of my all-time favorite metal bands.

Into The Pandemonium is still a favorite as well, talk about an album that was ahead of it's time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

Celtic Frost is on my short list of bands I will be exploring very soon...going chronologically...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Shawn, I would recommend 'To Mega Therion' and 'Into the Panemonium', IMO 'Morbid Tales' is very raw, and I love the album, but it is not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 am

manny wrote:
Shawn, I would recommend 'To Mega Therion' and 'Into the Panemonium', IMO 'Morbid Tales' is very raw, and I love the album, but it is not for everyone.

Thanks... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 am

on the documentary that was released a year or two ago,
I thought it was cool when they were in Japan and Gallhammer were allowed backstage to get Frost autographs..I think 1 or 2 members went and seen them rehearse..been awhile since I seen it but the rehearsal footage was a neat addition showing how 3 little chicks could be just as creepy and heavy sounding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CELTIC FROST fans sound off   CELTIC FROST fans sound off - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CELTIC FROST fans sound off
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2